Torque Wrench reviews

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
The old man wants to get me a torque wrench for xmas, but I really have no idea what brand and style I should get. Its going to be mostly used on the jetski but some other auto uses as well. I dont need anything too expensive or high torque settings. Whats out there??

Fathom

WaveJunkie PR
Craftsman makes some good wrenches. I have a Craftsman 10-75 foot-pound in 3/8" drive and a K-D 25-250 inch-pound in 3/8" drive that has taken care of me for pretty much everything I have ever needed. Word of advice, always wind them back to zero before storing them.

Bourgeois

USMC
I just got a Husky torque wrench, 20-100 ft lbs. I've only used it once so i can't tell you much about it but I've been very happy with the rest of my Husky Pro tools.

gj_fx1

X-H2
im down with craftsman, so whats a good range for doing an engine??

10-80 3/8 is probably the most used wrench -- be aware though that you dont really want to use the bottom end of the scale, so eventually you'll need an inch-lb range as well. Just noticed they are on a good sale right now btw.

douglee25

m3booooy
Believe it or not, I got both my 3/8" and 1/2" drive clicker type torque wrenches from harbor freight. They don't seem to be too bad for the amount of use I've thrown at it. Just keep them oiled and dial back the torque setting before putting them away.

Doug

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
I have 2 PowerFist , one high range (30 to 130) and one low range (1 to 25) and they both work very well. As mentionned before, make sure you dont drop them or leave them in the rain and remember to set back to zero before storing away.

2lick

Brap!!!
opps... craftsman tourque wrenches were half price on Black friday, I picked up a inch pound one to match my foot pounder....

should have asked sooner....sorry....

gj_fx1

X-H2
I was allways told that the "bending beam" wrenches were more consistent. Is that incorrect?

There is something to be said for simplicity. The beam type can not go way out of calibration, you'd see it if the needle was bent or something. The main drawbacks are no ratchet and you need to be able to see it.

Top Bottom