Custom/Hybrid towing another ski with my Rickter

Jobu

Schrickter
My brother won't ride with just me in surf because he says my ski isn't capable of towing him in if he breaks down. I have a Rickter evo 1 and the back of the ski does not have a place to hook a tow rope to and I haven't got around to installing one. Has anybody towed anybody using the front U hook with any success?

Sounds like you need to get a legit tow mount on the back of your ski, someone will need to use it one day. Can you drill through the tray?

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
I saw another thread where someone used a climbing anchor, attached to one of the large pump bolts.

Jobu

Schrickter
I don't really want to attach it to one of the pump bolts, I would be afraid of pulling one of the inserts out. I will probably drill through the tray.

I carry my tow by twisting around my waist, stainless caribeners on each end, makes for a fast get away. my rope is fairly long, the plan is to tow using my waist. I have not towed anyone yet but i read about this method on this site.

Fro Diesel

creative control
I use a Tow loop on the pump bolt in my superfreak. It was setup this way when I bought it, so far fine for pulling in a water logged blaster.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I carry my tow by twisting around my waist, stainless caribeners on each end, makes for a fast get away. my rope is fairly long, the plan is to tow using my waist. I have not towed anyone yet but i read about this method on this site.

It's doable and a total pain in the ass.

Top Bottom