Other Trim Systems Talk

The search is on for a trim system. I have searched the x to piece some info together for myself, but i figured I would start a thread to ask around.

I can only comment on one trim system. It's on Soul's ski. It's Wamiltons trim setup. Greg is pretty sure he set it up correctly but the lever is very hard to pull. He doesn't seem to have much throw to it but it's very well made.

I would like to get some input from your setup and what you feel works best with that setup.

Can any one comment on the following trim systems:

1. X-metal Trim
2. Thrust Trim
3. XFT
4. Wamiltons
5. Blowsion
6. CATS:)
7. Pro-Tec
8. SATO Engineering
9. Any others that I have missed?

Please comment on:

Quality/Durability
Ease of Install
Throw
Difficulty of lever pull
Functionality
Trim rings
Steering Nozzles
Reduction Nozzles
Pump setup
Ski that you run it on

Anything you have changed or replaced to make it work better?
(example...changed nozzles, changed cables, different lever, hardware etc...)

Thanks so much everyone!

Last edited:
There are lots of threads very similar to this already. I assume your looking for the "best" trim out there? Get a Thrust and be done with it. :)

The EZ pull is good for surf and EASY TO PULL, the straight pull gives you MAX throw and is better for flat water. But for that max through your going to have to strap on your man hands ;) No but really, the straight pull is still easy to pull. I forget the degrees of throw off the top of my head. Ill look around.

Thanks fearmywrx...It's a tough call cause 'best' is so subjective.

I looked through the trim posts that I could find, but still had some questions about some of the systems. Thanks for the input:)

my cats worked ok, I now have an x-metal trim ring I am about to install and see how it does vs the raider trim ring. my cable(from terrycable) broke after about a month and I have yet to replace it, trim is still a new thing to me.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
I’ve ridden two skis around here with hydraulic trim systems. Chadman’s Superfreak (system originally built by Zack at Powerhouse Performance) and another friend who setup his BOB with hydraulic. Needless to say, I will be building a hydraulic system this winter.

I have been running an X-metal for two seasons and don't care for it much.

I’ve ridden two skis around here with hydraulic trim systems. Chadman’s Superfreak (system originally built by Zack at Powerhouse Performance) and another friend who setup his BOB with hydraulic. Needless to say, I will be building a hydraulic system this winter.

I have been running an X-metal for two seasons and don't care for it much.

Hydraulic would rock. I used to have a KTM and they all run hydraulic clutches...just like hot butter!

swannysxr

Site Supporter
I'm running a Skat with straight pull. Hard to pull under thrust, but are'nt they all? Thats when the cables going to break. Anybody have any pics of this hydralic setup?

burton391

in your house
maybe he just wanted to let you know he had them. its hard to say as im not him and cant read minds yet.

Top Bottom