Freestyle Trim Vs. Mag Pump

I've searched this a bit and couldn't really find what I was looking for, but I have a SN with a SS865, enhancer, tbm flywheel, tbm pump cone, skat 14/19 large hub prop, basically it's all hooked up, but I have been looking at either getting some trim or a mag pump. Seeing as how they are just about the same price these days and I'd really like to be able to hopefully flatwater backflip it this summer, I am wondering which one of these would benifit me most? I am leaning towards the trim just because I already have the pump cone and prop. If i was to get that mag pump, that prop would work with it wouldn't it?

If you were going to get a Mag then yes, the impeller you currently have would work unless you change to something other than 144. The is defiantly going to help put all that power into the water where the trim will help you go around. I'd say Mag but it would be interesting to see what some of the other guys say.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Thrust trim is the good standard but ur eventually gonna want a mag with that setup anyway. I'd buy a mag first. Most BF's I want to try are off boat wakes versus my own setup wake. U need less trim the larger the wave so I'd go mag if it were me. If u plan on flat water only riding and larger wakes are not plentiful then I'd buy a trim setup. U can save a little coin and buy the xmetal trim but the initial setup requires some basic mods. In the end they both do the same function. I don't know about the solas mag, it might work out u could grab both.

haha i know i need to get an AM hull, but its 650-1000$ for trim and mag vs $3000+ for a hull. so im just gonna rock my square and im thinking of shortening the back 3 inches also. so d_moss, you are saying that i could do a cats for only like 150? how is this? also, i mostly ride flatwater, using my own wake instead of boats

Well... I guess that is dependant on the whole which mag pump your getting...
Becuase a new skat is like 2600$, and a trim system is like 750$, so that would be actually a little more then a used AM hull..

anyways, mag pumps are the :):):):)tt..

yeah im talking about that new solas that is out for around $500 and then there is complete x metal trim on here for sale for $550. id really love to get an am hull, but for now the sqaure it is. plus who do you know can flatwater backflip a square nose sj? so thatll bo cool if i actually can get it all the way around.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
550 for that x metal setup is kind of a rip off... Xmetal sells the Kit for 325 and you can usually get a trim nozzle and steering nozzle for 75 or less...

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
I have an used x-metal set-up for sale cheaper than that. I would suggest you aquire a new cable and lever. I'll throw in my reduction nozzle bored to 85mm by #zero. trim ring is in great shape. I have a plastic 62t steering nozzle (new). let me know if you are interested. I also have a protec quickturn aluminum steering nozzle i'd sell in addition to or instead of the plastic one.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Im a big fan of you get what you pay for, the Maniac Scat pump is a good way to go. Thrust innovations has a new mag style design out as well you may want to look into if you want to go the budget route, and he is a good person to deal with!

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Trims only used for a few seconds before a back flip, the mag is used every second the prop is spinning... PoorBoy Mag + CATS is my vote. Budget for a GoPro so we can watch ;)

Top Bottom