SXR Trimming Rear Bond Rail??

Sit

Afternoon

Just wondered if anyone has any pictures of a trimmed rear bond rail on an SXR?? It has been suggested that before I do my hydro turf I should trim the rear bond rail and corners to reduce the 'scoop' effect.

I wondered if anyone had done it and could tell me their findings and if you have any pictures could you post them?

Cheers

Si

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I would like to see it too
I want to do this to my 750sx and trying to decide
if just to cu off the lip or round it out with epoxy and glass

Sit

Thanks bud that's excellent helps big time!!! Out of interest is the rear underside of your ski slanted?? Where your two outlets come out the rear they look like they are on an angle?

Si

I was thinking of doing this, but instead of cutting the lip like that drill a few holes in that corner piece to let water through. Don't know if it would be enough to make a difference though.

On my RN I trimmed the entire back all the way off and then added a little rocker to the end of the tray(on the underside of the deck), almost like how a kicktail looks on a skate board, I can take pics later if you would like. I noticed a huuuge difference, not only on less drag, and turns quicker, but when landing airs in the surf it felt like landing on a pillow. Now I know that was on a superjet and not an SXR but I also have an SXR and am very tempted to trim off the brake as well :)

Last edited:
very hard to notice any change as in before or after cutting off brakes. guessing only time this would come into play is when back of ski is in water ie lower speed or turning.
ski still turns very nice at any speed.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I was thinking of doing this, but instead of cutting the lip like that drill a few holes in that corner piece to let water through. Don't know if it would be enough to make a difference though.

Would not effect much. there would be to much disturbance and the water would not pass through, probably work against you.......... It is not going to really help raise the nose much for freestyle. It would help in some handling situations.

Top Bottom