Trying to find a specific tie down...

A friend of mine had a tie down strap I cant seem to find. He just got rid of his skis and doesn't remember where they got them because they had the straps for 10+ years. Its basically just a metal pin that goes through the eye (not that cheap plastic atlantis crap) and has a strap connected to it with two ratchets and two hooks that connect to the bunks. I'm thinking about making one but if someone knows what I am talking about and can direct me as to where to buy one it would be greatly appreciated. It was such a fast and clean setup...

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Used to be called Ski-Keepers (sp) or something like that. They had a straight style too with just the pin and a single hook with a cam style (motorcycle tie down) tightening mechanism. I think Hydro-turf used to distribute them, but they only have the bow pins now.

I have several if you want to check them out

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
There's been enough demand that somebody really needs to do another run of these.

I bought a pair over 15 years ago when I first got into the sport and am very thankful that I thought to keep the bow pin portion whenever the straps or ratchet failed. I have gone through at least 4 sets of straps now but the pin itself is still working great.

OCD Solutions

I have as well but I believe it's a single point ratchet. The pin is the same though so it might be worth it to purchase one, cut off the strap and transfer it over to a longer strap with a hook on each end.

There's been enough demand that somebody really needs to do another run of these.

I bought a pair over 15 years ago when I first got into the sport and am very thankful that I thought to keep the bow pin portion whenever the straps or ratchet failed. I have gone through at least 4 sets of straps now but the pin itself is still working great.
just PM'd Idok. Maybe since he does the transom tie downs, he might be able to make these

OCD Solutions

The guys who make his transom tie downs used to make a pretty sweet tie down as well. I started a similar thread a few years ago looking for some and ended up talking to them direct. With enough pressure, and possibly a significant pre-order, they might could be convinced to do another run.

Thanks for the link. those look perfect. It doesn't seem like they have them in stock though. The site only allows you to request a quote. Im gonna google that part number and see if I can find them somewhere else.

So Malcolm refuses to return my emails. I'm going to call them today. No updates one order, no shipping notifications, I think they just scam people. Don't buy from them. If I actually get my product I'll update this. I'm pretty sure I'll be filing a dispute

Wet Dreams, I'm right there with you. I order a pair of straps from them last week and have tried to call multiple times and never get a call back. Didn't take them long to charge me though! Bummer bc those straps would perfect

It's not you man, no worries at all! Just don't want anyone else to head down that road.

If you find more of those straps let me know, I'd buy them again, lol

Top Bottom