Trying to find a specific tie down...

Just got a hold of them. They will be refunding my money since they were unable to source that product since they were discontinued, which was the issue I mentioned to them when I called and ordered them but they insisted they could get some from somewhere. Effing retards.

ok I'm tentatively looking into making some of these. How many people would really be interested at the same price as those others? I'll only be making double hook ones so the price will be about 37 bucks plus shipping. As far as the metal on these, would they have to be stainless or would regular steel be sufficient? I know you guys wouldn't be dipping these in the ocean but I assume being near saltwater corrodes this stuff easily? Help me out. I don't know what its like being near the ocean? Do your normal straps with metal hardware hold up and if so what are they made of?

JAKE

X
IMG_2768.JPG
i have this older one !!

The guys who make his transom tie downs used to make a pretty sweet tie down as well. I started a similar thread a few years ago looking for some and ended up talking to them direct. With enough pressure, and possibly a significant pre-order, they might could be convinced to do another run.
Can you get me their name some can contact them? I contacted another strap place about sourcing some custom straps and they wont even bother to respond.

Still not giving up on making these straps since I think there is a market for them. I just cant seem to get a response from any strap manufacturers about doing custom sizes and adding my logo to them. I think I've sourced all of the hardware I would need. I might have to go another route and just piece them together from existing common items.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Have you considered using the drop in type strap like we sell and then attaching to trailer using any ratchet strap. Then you can leave in place as attachment point for towing or being towed. If you are a saltwater rider the style you are after are useless because they are not stainless and always corrode stuck.
image.jpg

I actually use that strap but my issue is that my hooks are attached to the bottom of my bunks. By the time that strap you pictured hangs down from the stern eye, my attachment points are only a couple inches from that loop. That means that my ratchet strap needs to be extremely short. Most straps have about 3" of hooks plus webbing per side so that leaves me with virtually no extra strap to ratchet. I did end up finding a perfect strap that works with that system but it took me forever to find it and now its worn out. I can send pics later if im not explaining this so that it is easily understood. But that was my reasoning for searching out the option listed in the opening post. Also, I should note, if I just hooked my strap to the trailer instead of the hooks on my bunk I wouldn't have any issues :) But then I would have to bend over to hook the straps on lol.

man I went through this same ordeal a year ago. I ended up just using a normal tie down strap.. A SS Caribeaner from Lowes and a bungee strap.
So hook both ends of strap to trailer with slack. Make a nice loop in strap slack and thread that through bottom of tray eye. Put Caribeaner through loop on top side of tray. Connect bungee to handle bars and thread through Caribeaner to hold pole in dn position. Tighten up cinch strap. It works perfect!

I cut the hooks off both ends of a 1" ratchet strap, then replace with carbineers through the strap loop the hooks were on.

I feed the strap through the stern eye without the carbineer then put carbineer back on and clip it to the trailer

Cut the excess strap off, tie a knot and melt end with a lighter

Easy and works great, plus wont scratch up your polished or anodized eyelets

Top Bottom