Super Jet tubbies

im looking into installing a set of tubbies on to my sn superjet, and im trying to decide what to get. im leaning toward #zeros or destroyers. i am building a new hull for next season but i would realy like to run tubbies on my boat for this season, that being said is there anyway i could remove them at the end of the seson and install them on my new hull? i know the destroyers have a different mounting system can anyone elaborate on that i havent seen mush install info on them

thanks Trevor

as i understand, destroyers have 4 bolts per tubbie that mount to the ski, a lot easier to install than glassing on a set, however when removied you'd have to patch those holes. food for thought.

btmboards

Brett
^^^^^yep, the destroyer bolt to the hull then some people with put a bead of sylicone around them just to make a nice smooth transition from hull to sponsion. So all you have to do is unbolt them and slap them on the new ski. (you will have to patch the bolt holes in old hull before riding again/ no biggy though). Other tubbies though generally get glue on the back of it, a could screws to hold it in place then you have to glass over the whole thing because they arent a sealed unit like the destroyers. glassing anything in pretty well make its permanent and not worth trying to get off and reuse later.
Go with the destroyers.

If your planning on keeping the hull. id throw a set of tom 21's on their they are awesome tubbies.
i like to do free style and these are defiantly my tubbie of choice very aggressive but also not bad at mid to top speed.

FYI any tubbie you get if you ride a flat water day you will experience a little chine walk or wandering with that being said i will not ride a hull without tubbies anymore.

You do not hav to fix any holes when you remove the Destroyers, simply lock-tite three screws per side back into the mounting inserts. You will then need to get another mount kit from blowsion for your new ski. I just installed these on my old SN, really liking them. I already had them on both SXR's.

btmboards

Brett
to do it the right way, you will need to patch the holes back up. other wise you will be riding with bolts sticking out of your hull. kinda destroys the purpose of a smooth hull...

I regret not dishing out the $400 for the destroyers earlier. I didn't do it out of principle, but now that I have them on. Oh God what a difference.

If I bought another SJ tomorrow, before I mess with anything, head, pipe, prop, i'd put a set of tubby destroyers on there. NO DOUBT!

I have the ski clinic tubbies that are similar to the destroyers that bolt on. They make a huge difference, but I do get chine walk if I'm trying to go fast and straight.

to do it the right way, you will need to patch the holes back up. other wise you will be riding with bolts sticking out of your hull. kinda destroys the purpose of a smooth hull...

To make the ski look perfect, yes. Will it make your ski handle any different with just the screws installed, def not.

Top Bottom