Super Jet Tuning dual carb 38s?

Wondering if someone can help me tune my carbs.
My setup: 2004 RN superjet w/ Bpipe oem carbs.

I changed my main jets from 125 to 130 and now I'm trying to tune it.
Idle is pretty easy, but I'm not getting the same Brap on the low end and the top end doesn't seem as smooth as before maybe a bit lean and hitting the rev limiter at wot. Would the bigger jets cause the rev limiter to come into play? Played with it yesterday riding it around with the hood off couldn't get it right. Plan on taking it out again today. Just need to know what to adjust maybe I need to adjust my pipe? What would be good starting points for the low and top?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
You might not be hitting the rev limiter. That might be the overheat sensor shutting the motor down using the rev limiter. Stock 701 with 38s run 130/70. Not sure why you had a 125 but that was not stock.

My bad yeah it had 130 and I put in 135s I figured it out its running good just doesn't feel like I have the same Brapp on the low end just wondering if I need to tune the pipe with the bigger jets? I removed the head temp sensor.

Last edited:
you have to tune the bottom jet before you worry anything about the top. putt it for 20 seconds,hit it WFO. if it hesitates and then takes off, its lean. if its loaded up and cleans out and revs up, its rich. more than likely its lean. open the low screw at least 1 turn and try it.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I don't understand. It was running good and you put in bigger jets and now it doesn't? Why did you put in bigger jets if it was running good?

I can only assume you added the jets and the pipe at the same time. Did you test your carbs while you had them apart? Have you checked for exhaust leaks? Your ski should have more but on the bottom with the pipe over stock, even if your screws are out of wack. Make sure you put the fuel lines back on the carb right. I recall line in is bottom and line out is top.

Last edited:
Top Bottom