Super Jet Turf kits and tray glassing?

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I was wondering who makes the best turf kit for footholds. Or if I would be better off buying a couple of sheets of turf? Is it really that hard to turf it with sheet? I am just looking for the best look when complete and I dont want any names on the turf like wamiltons kit or hydro turfs. I was told that with a heat gun and some patience the sheet is the way to go. Now for the tray I have all of the foam out of my tray and I bought a big sheet of polyestyrene foam I have all of the chunks cut to fit in the tray. However I do not feel 100% confident on glassing my tray shut. I am scared that the tray will collapse I saw it happen once and dont want that to be me. So is there anybody in the west michigan area that knows how to glass really good I am willing to pay them to do it.

I know blowsion makes stitched mats for sale, however they might have their logo on them. But if you decide to do turf, You only need 1 sheet of hydroturf to do a tray area, and it isn't that hard. The heat gun definately makes it easier. Measure twice, cut once.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Glassing isn't tough. I did it for my first time last spring and it just takes good planning. Go for it man. Also, the turf kits go on easy and don't look bad. However, if you get good with turf you can do a better job with a sheet. But it will look good if you take your time either way. Good luck!

George

Last edited:
Top Bottom