Surfriding Turf on side rails, is it necessary?

I say turf rails are a must when you are at any of these free ride events and you are picking skis up and down on the beach. The skis with turf rails that roll under the lip are so nice to pick up!

Mine peals off in different spots too after eveyride. Kinda becoming a headache. I was thinking oh strippig it all off cleaning it well amd going over it with that roll on bed liner u get at ace anybody agree?

Ya exactly what ive been thinking of doing. Cant believe nobody has tried this yet?

cjburt

cjburt
I have another option I did on a couple of my hulls. After battling the Turf coming off over and over I had the rails line-x'd. It looked good, had good grip but not too abrasive. Just something to think about.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I found if you cut the turf along the bottom edge of the rail it holds better. Not sure if you guys are doing it this way. When you roll it around the edge it helps when carrying the skis for sure but rips of easier. I like the look alot. They are fistpumalicious

cjburt

cjburt
Line-x sounds like it would hurt more than the rails itself.

I try to ride the ski and not the rails lol, I do prefer turf, but the line-x is another option if your having a hard time with turf and it surprised me on the look and feel, it was actually very nice

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom