Turfing a 750sx - Looking For Ideas & Pics

Picked up a '93 750sx this past weekend that still has the original purple pads on it and they're really faded. This winter/next spring I plan on returfing this thing in B-Stock and I'm not sure how to go about it... Do you just turf right on top of the existing pads or remove them and turf right on the hull? And if you remove them, how do you handle the storage tubes in the back? With the side pad off and the "plug" in the tube, there's quite a gap at the top and the handle sticks out really far. I'd kinda like to keep the storage tubes if possible because this is going to be the wife's ski and I don't plan on putting in foot holds.

And then in the front of the tray, do you remove the pad under the controls or just turf right over it?

Any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad

aranka

usually drunk
remove all of the crappy purple. grind the face of the storage tubes flat and cut out notch... or you could use a heat gun and mold over them (the face of the storage)

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Ditch all the pads and just turf the whole tray. You may want to layer up a few spots, like near the hood corners, and around the tubes for a nicer sculpted look.

Hey Tor*p*do, I went through that whole thread last night. Looks good! Did you ever finish it up?

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do... I broke the tab off the side piece (under the rear corner piece) so looks like the pads will be coming off. I was just hoping for a solution other than glassing the tubes shut. LOL

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Hey Tor*p*do, I went through that whole thread last night. Looks good! Did you ever finish it up?

The graphics are still sitting in the garage and the rails are still waiting to be turfed, but my 12 year old adopted the ski and now it does not dry out long enough to work on it. :fing02:
This winter when it cools off I will finish it along with tearing apart my SN, putting in footholds, more turfing etc.:smile:

Top Bottom