Turfing front of tray/removal of plastic?

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
So I'm looking to Turf - my SJ and install some Revs(probably). I like the look of the front plastic end piece on the tray - the skis brand new. I have a primer already on the left and the on/off on right.

I was thinking to install hood straps/limiting rope - so do I have to remove the plastic cover? I'd rather not.

But if so - I guess I just drill out the rivets that appear to hold it on?:dunno:

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
yes, 4 rivets held mine on, easy to do and looks great!

i drilled and taped 5/16-18 holes in a piece of alum to use as a backing plate to mount the hood straps to, it was about 3/8" thick, 8" x 1 1/2" and it fits between the elec box and the "firewall" i guess you would call it?

the alum helps to make it more ridged for the hood straps, i also put my pole limiting rope in the middle useing the alum to mount it too.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
yes, 4 rivets held mine on, easy to do and looks great!

i drilled and taped 5/16-18 holes in a piece of alum to use as a backing plate to mount the hood straps to, it was about 3/8" thick, 8" x 1 1/2" and it fits between the elec box and the "firewall" i guess you would call it?

the alum helps to make it more ridged for the hood straps, i also put my pole limiting rope in the middle useing the alum to mount it too.

In the middle - like to the left or right of the latch? On an eyelet?

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
the limiting rope mount is in the middle, so just below the latch. i used a SS eyelet thingy i found at west marine...

i would send you pics but i have my ski completly tore apart, still...

Top Bottom