Blaster Turfing rails

Ive searched and am looking for a good step by step guide to turfing the rails on my blaster. I've never done a turf job thou am very handy a fabrication, body work, paint ect. I have jet trim mats and ankle guard. From what I read it's pretty easy but it's the fear of the unknown lol an I just did a custom paint job and would hate to mess it up. Any help would be great!!!

Just did my SJ last night. Take your stock front bumper and turn it upside down on the back of your turf. Trace the inside edge with a sharpie, cut that line, then just leave enough excess to wrap it. when you glue lay the top edge down starting at the bow eye. heat it and wrap it !

kawasakisxs0ul

Water is so BAD ASS
when you say to "cut at 45 deg" do you mean cut each seem at 45 degrees like \ on the rail or do you mean cut the turf flush to the bottom of the rail with no wraping under and bevel the edge at 45 deg.?/?

You don't have to do any of this if you just prep it right dap will hold. Or you can be like me and just run a small bead of super glue at the bottom edge of the rail. Only places my rail turf ever pealed up with just dap was where I got lazy and didn't sand or wipe down before adhering. Went back with sg and never came up again.

RedTurboMr2

09 SuperJet
Turf the rails with dap or wellwood, two coats on turf and one one ski, make sure to sand the rails real good with 36 grit. Hammer the turf down real good with a rubber mallet. Cut the turf flush with the rail, then sand the turf like /
You won't have any problems if you turf your rails like this.

Top Bottom