Super Jet Turfing the front of a Squarenose

socal750

Socal750
With or without nose piece?? I did my brothers ski without and just used a heatgun to bend and stretch it...$20 new paint and turf... Talk about budget build hahaImageUploadedByTapatalk1369931479.172014.jpg

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
I don't have any step by step pictures but here are a few to kinda see how I folded it -

6e2e6400.jpg

c8d395e0.jpg

I used some epoxy to get it to stay on the front nicely. It has held up pretty well. I definitely like the noses better turfed than with the rubber bumper.

Last edited:

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
I don't have any step by step pictures but here are a few to kinda see how I folded it -

6e2e6400.jpg

c8d395e0.jpg

I used some epoxy to get it to stay on the front nicely. It has held up pretty well. I definitely like the noses better turfed than with the rubber bumper.

First off I would like to say that that is one of the best looking squares I have ever seen. And wow looks great thank you for the pictures. Do you start from the top and just work your way down?

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
First off I would like to say that that is one of the best looking squares I have ever seen. And wow looks great thank you for the pictures. Do you start from the top and just work your way down?

Haha, thank you. I put a large piece of turf on the bare nose and measured where to make the cuts that way. Start from the top and make sure you press/rubber hammer the turf into all of the grooves so it sets nicely. Once I had the edges set I just cut a bit on each corner of the big nose flap and pulled it under, on top of everything else. It's kind of hard to explain without showing you in person but it really isn't that hard.

I like the idea above referring to heating the turf to mold with it, but I am not sure if it would work - never worked with heat and foam before.

If you need any more help just PM me and I'll shoot you my number.

a little heat from a heat gun really softens up the turf, just dont use too much or you will stretch the turf and mess up the pattern. I cut my tray sides too short and was able to pull it out to match up nice. saved me a sheet of turf...

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
i just start on one side and use a heat gun to form the turf to the nose. after a while the turf kinda self forms

Top Bottom