Freestyle Ugh! What carbs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Alright guys, I need some feedback on your carb setups and which worked best for you. A little background on what I will be running. I'm building a fx-1, it has the pump mod, i'll be running a hooker 9/15. I was going to run a 61x/61x, but I just got ahold of some 62T cases (thanks bro) and my 61x cylinders are currently getting ported. I have a ada girdled head with 35cc domes. I'll be running a b pipe with a mod chamber and total loss. I had a blackjack 48 on my SJ that I regret selling, it hit hard, but never ran real smooth on the bottom end. I have a new sbn44 that I was going to have blackjacked and run on the 61x cases, but now im running 62t cases. So my question is do I run the single 44 and have it blackjacked? Do I buy another 44 and have them both blackjacked? Do I run dual 38s? Or should I buy another larger single carb like a 46 or 48 and have it blackjacked? I'd just like to hear some of your trial and errors and what worked best for you? Thanks.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
BLACKJACKS SON!! Case closed!

Blackjack isnt so much the question, its whether to run a single 44, 46, 48, or dual 44s. I'd run 38s, but unfortunetley I cant get those blackjacked. I just dont want too much carb for my motor. I hear of alot of guys going from dual to single.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
You can get a set of 38's blackjacked. Your fuel consumption will be less too.

Dual 44's work nicely on that motor combo but drink a bit more fuel.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Well I guess I'll just get one more 44 and have them blackjacked. I was told by several people that Art didnt do the 38s. If he does i'd lean towards a set of those.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Art can do the BlackJack mod to your mom's toaster.

Now that has been said, I went from Full Rectum 48s to single Novi F bomb 48 to BlackJack 46s. I will never waste time on a single setup again, and there is only one carb setup to use and thats BlackJacks-CALL ART and tell him EVERYTHING about your ski and let HIM tell YOU what to do!!! He is the GRANDMASTERSPANKMASTER
for a reason!!! Listen to what he has to say!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Blackjack isnt so much the question, its whether to run a single 44, 46, 48, or dual 44s. I'd run 38s, but unfortunetley I cant get those blackjacked. I just dont want too much carb for my motor. I hear of alot of guys going from dual to single.

Talk to Art. He does a mod to the 38's that is a very nice improvement over stock.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
My main concern with the dual 44s was it being overkill on my set up. But it doesnt sound that way and I plan on future upgrades. I already have one 44 so it seems like the best thing for me to do is just get another 44 and have them blackjacked.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
My main concern with the dual 44s was it being overkill on my set up. But it doesnt sound that way and I plan on future upgrades. I already have one 44 so it seems like the best thing for me to do is just get another 44 and have them blackjacked.

HEY D.A. , have u talked to Art in the last 15 minutes? I didn't think so. Don't do a thing UNTIL you talk to him! Thats what you pay him for-him to tell you what will work best! 99% of the people on here can't tune a radio much less carbs on a ski.

Top Bottom