Freestyle Ugh! What carbs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You know how I do it and I have tested back to back both ways and there is not enough difference to justify the crazy money to run it straight! If it made that much of a difference I would run the stuff straight!

How much is 93 pump gas out there?

I think it's 3.99/gal right now. (91 or 92)
I pay attention mostly to the 100LL price. It was $4.65/gal most of the summer.

Funny thing is, I tried a 50/50 mix of pump/MS109 earlier this year. It was definitely an improvement, but not like it was in my heavy SJ hull. I don't know why. The driveline didn't change, only the hull weight.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I believe that the blackjacks are good, when I had the 48 he gave Kenny the specs on the jets I put them in and had Terry fine tune the ski, Terry said the jets were dead on the money. I'm going with blackjacks either way, my question was whether to go with one or dual 44s, dual 38s, or a single larger carb. Talking to Art does sound like a great idea before I do anything.

Make sure you have 2 hours to kill once you finally get him on the phone. LOL Email works fast and I can tell you what times to get him on the phone fairly quickly.
I sincerly do have your best interest at heart.

motoman96

Banned
Lmao, I was just gonna mention his sound effects.

Until he does the big block/small block comparison, don't even think of trying to get off the phone.

Last edited:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Well I dont have time for all that, lol. Whats his email then? I got my eye on several different carb setups on ebay.

GIL

I think it's 3.99/gal right now. (91 or 92)
I pay attention mostly to the 100LL price. It was $4.65/gal most of the summer.

Funny thing is, I tried a 50/50 mix of pump/MS109 earlier this year. It was definitely an improvement, but not like it was in my heavy SJ hull. I don't know why. The driveline didn't change, only the hull weight.

Mixing MS109 with 100LL is like having sex with your mom, no fun and not rewarding at all. I have learned this the hard way. I used to swear by 100LL and have now learned the error of my ways. lol

I don't get it and really don't care to-but 100LL is only good to help you cheat more power by more comp and more timing on a piss poor motor-been there done that.

When you have Art in your corner the MS109 50/50 with good pump gas is all you need.

fair enough gil. have you ever checked the wash on various sustained rpms? i think i've read on arts site about how some annular discharge carbs cause a lean spot midrange. i'm just asking a question. i'm doing what the guy says who's building my motor, but i was always interested in the carb subject. did you know the fullspecs like to be run with the screws turned all the way in?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
i'm doing what the guy says who's building my motor,

I think that's the smart thing to do. I mean, you're paying the guy serious money to build you his setup. Why would you not follow his advice to the tee, right?

GIL

Well I dont have time for all that, lol. Whats his email then? I got my eye on several different carb setups on ebay.

Son, you gots to pay the piper to get the rewards! lol He is one of the smartest people I know. Wait, that aint sayin much-hell, you know what I am trying to say. LOL

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Mixing MS109 with 100LL is like having sex with your mom, no fun and not rewarding at all. I have learned this the hard way. I used to swear by 100LL and have now learned the error of my ways. lol

I don't get it and really don't care to-but 100LL is only good to help you cheat more power by more comp and more timing on a piss poor motor-been there done that.

When you have Art in your corner the MS109 50/50 with good pump gas is all you need.

I understand, but I seriously cannot swing a fuel price of nearly $9/gal (50/50 mix of pump/MS109). The local distributor won't cut me a deal on a 50 gal drum, either - otherwise I'd go that way.

GIL

fair enough gil. have you ever checked the wash on various sustained rpms? i think i've read on arts site about how some annular discharge carbs cause a lean spot midrange. i'm just asking a question. i'm doing what the guy says who's building my motor, but i was always interested in the carb subject. did you know the fullspecs like to be run with the screws turned all the way in?

My first engine builder sent me home with the screws dam near all the way out on my Full Rectums. lol (and it ran like azz). lol

As far as wash test-No. All I do know is my plugs are always wet and look like crap yet the ski runs perfect-dont take my word for it-ask the guys that ride my ski.
Art told me to not pay attention to plug readings but do pay attention to lean stumble-find it-then come out 1/8 turn and should be dead on. I am dead on. For grins and giggles I spent a week trying different setups on my BJs to see if anything was better and I ended up back to the original setup that I love!

GIL

I understand, but I seriously cannot swing a fuel price of nearly $9/gal (50/50 mix of pump/MS109). The local distributor won't cut me a deal on a 50 gal drum, either - otherwise I'd go that way.[/QUOTE

Just got off the phone with my supplier-478.00 shipped for a drum in 2 weeks. It's not who you think it is. lol

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I understand, but I seriously cannot swing a fuel price of nearly $9/gal (50/50 mix of pump/MS109). The local distributor won't cut me a deal on a 50 gal drum, either - otherwise I'd go that way.[/QUOTE

Just got off the phone with my supplier-478.00 shipped for a drum in 2 weeks. It's not who you think it is. lol

How about shipped to my house then, fool?

Top Bottom