300/440/550 ***ULTIMATE*** 440/550 picture thread

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
NIce! once I finish my x2 going to put the old 650 in a 550 but I sold all mine so have to find a new one. If you don't mind me asking, How much did you get it for?

$200 and it came with a nice metal rolling stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
Wow! What a deal! Hope I can find something that cheap and nice
yeah I check craigslist every day lol. I've found 3 550s for under $200 in the last 6 months and all of them have had aftermarket parts and ran fine after a carb rebuild and re tuning.

1992 SX 550 was completely original when I got it. Had not been registered since 1995! Runs PERFECT.

29224810150266458552616.jpg

Ive added
bars
pole spring
blowision limiting rope
stainless prop
ocean pro ride plate
primer start
some kind of scoop intake grate
5.5 gal west coast tank
finger throttle
lanyard kill switch

I plan on adding quick turn an aftermarket exhaust and some foot holds and then enjoying the hell out of it.

Last edited:
PIC_0024.jpgPIC_0608.jpgPIC_0609.jpgPIC_0612.jpgPIC_0613.jpg
JS440
Pics showing Bulkhead/bearing housing support.
Sandcast cases with reed/crank induction, twin carbs.
Cast blocks filling cylinder inlets & boost ports machined into them.
Total loss ignition system.
Gun drilled aircraft stainless prop shaft.
Oil feed bearings.
Built for 550 Mod class
Twin resinators

PIC_0028.jpgPIC_0611.jpgPIC_0614.jpgPIC_0620.jpg
Carbon/kevlar pole as I kept breaking stock poles.
Carbon/kevlar turn plate to give flex.
Pump honed, blueprinted, exit nozzle bored, custom intake grate to stop intake cavitation

Rear exhaust.
Kevlar moulding bonded inside nose cone to strengthen pole bracket.
New graphics were never done, so ski has stayed like this for all these years

beautiful ski man! can I ask you how much it cost to get that carbon fiber hand pole done? I can't imagine it was cheap!

also if you ever feel the need to part ways with it....let me know first =)

Last edited:
beautiful ski man! can I ask you how much it cost to get that carbon fiber hand pole done? I can't imagine it was cheap!

also if you ever feel the need to part ways with it....let me know first =)
Thanks Mate!
I spent over 1000 hours on it over a year. The ski mods cost me just over $10,000 & all the labour & machining I did myself.
The pole I made myself from carbon, kevlar, s-glass, so never had to buy one, so can't tell you what it cost me.
Took it for a ride a year ago & noticed the tune was a bit doey. Pulled the carbs apart & found the the gaskets inside were starting to deteriate over the time just sitting there & were leaking pressure.
Thought about puting carb kits into it, but thought if I was going to spend the money on carb kits I would be better puting a pair of super BN's on, that way I have complete adjustability of the tune from idle to WOT.
I just decided to just sit it there all original as I was spending so much time building the carbon blasters that I couldn't find time to do the carb mod or ride it.
I thought about selling it years ago, but the money, time & how immaculate it is didn't seem to make sense to sell it as you could buy old standups so cheap.
The motor I rebuilt (pistons, rebore, new crank) 17 years ago. I ran it in at the river, have ridden it 3 times since then & it has stayed in storage ever since then.
When I worked for Yamaha on their GP Team, we set up the TZ250 & TZ350 GP bikes at the time. Out of the box the 350 was naturally faster than the 250, but with massive modifications we always got the 250 to perform & rev quicker than the 350 with the smaller pistons.
I had the choice to use the 440 or 550 to race, but went the 440 route & was happy with the results from the smaller pistons. I have a 550 version of this ski with the reed/crank induction cases (without all the bling though) & the 440 will always smoke it every time.

wow man that makes me sad that you spent all that money and time on that thing and its barely seen the water. What are you waiting for mate?!?!

Top Bottom