300/440/550 ***ULTIMATE*** 440/550 picture thread

This is my dream ski I want to do it all vitage like a old superstocker. This is a drawing I did. I want to do a 750 in it though. How hard are those swap in to the 550 hulls?

Attachments

• dream 550.jpg
    dream 550.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 348

cookn

Kamikaze
88 Js550/650- 750 bottom end, 650 top end, milled head, westcoast pipe, sbn44, prok f/a, trigger throttle, 1/2" cooling, dual bilge pumps, umi pole limit strap, pole spring, primer, westcoast tank, hydroturf, 4* bars, quick steer, ocean pro rideplate, westcoast intake grate, 17* skat
DSC01111.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

You are my hero. Impressive collection, but this ski!!!!!! So many questions. who built this, how does it run???

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I'm still workin on getting it dialed in. I just added a bypass in the stinger line and a jetworks flow control valve. One of my neighbors built it a couple of years back, but I bought it and rebuilt everything, cleaned it up, and added a few parts. I rebuilt the top end, milled the head, put on the sbn44, prok f/a, new bilge pumps, cooling line, fuel line, pole limit rope, trigger throttle, bored out the nozzle, and a pole spring. I still need to repaint the head and carb. It pulls hard. It takes my neighbors virtually stock 2011 superjet all the way from idle. I absolutely love it.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
This is my dream ski I want to do it all vitage like a old superstocker. This is a drawing I did. I want to do a 750 in it though. How hard are those swap in to the 550 hulls?

Not that hard. You need a conversion plate and you have to run a 650 exhaust. I know for sure that a stock and westcoast pipe work. You would need to block off the oil injector and crankcase drain. You would have to fab up a bracket to mount the 750 e-box. You need a e-box from a 750 sx or sxi. The sit down boxes are too big. You would either need a westcoast gas tank or need to modify the stock one to clear the exhaust. You would need a ss prop preferably a 19* for a 750. You need another couple small things, but this is the large majority of everything.

cookn

Kamikaze
Hey there's my hood. I won't lie FX im pretty jealous of that beast. I would bring it up from the basement and make it my coffee table. Im glad to see you ride fx1's now, much better choice IMO, over the SJ for a 550 lover lol.

MaseratiTech

is still learning..
skis5.jpg
Three of four of my skis.
'85 JS550 - Green - Modded
'87 JS550 - Purple - No motor (in pieces), taking the setup from the '93, modded
'93 JS550 - Hull trashed and bone stock
skis1.jpg
Just bought these two a couple weeks ago and haven't had a whole lot of time to tear into them and see what's what. I know there's bilge pump, ride plates, grates, a Mikuni BN 44 & 40 that came with the engine for the '87, I'll know more this weekend when I start tearing them down.
skis2.jpg
Another shot of the weight modded '87..
ski3.jpg
The donor motor. Should have it out and into the '87 by the end of the weekend.
#4a.jpg
#4 - '88 JS550 - Picked this one up Sunday. Still don't know a whole lot about this one either. Ride plate, grate, dual cooling, Mikuni BN carb, bilge pump w/ handle switch, 4* bar/aluminum mounting plate.
I have my work cut out for me the next few months...

I've been mostly lurking here for a few months, so I guess it's time. Here we go.

1985 550/650 conversion ski project I got from a member here a couple months back.
Stock 650
Finger throttle
Bildge
OP Ocean Plate
Modded stock grate
Skat 16* prop (may need a 17* but it's doing ok for now)
Quick turn plate
Adjustable bars
Double pole spring
ODI grips

IMG_6896.jpgIMG_6904.jpg

89 650sx mostly stock
shred master plate/grate
double pole spring

IMG_6900.jpg

Also have a 86 js300 that I rob parts off of but its not picture worthy.

This is my first year in the stand up world, the bug has bit hard. Is it too soon to start planning a BOB or Superfreak build??? :sgrin:

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
thanks

The ski in the back is a 1978 440 i've had since 1988.
The next one is a 1982 550 that my friend got new and the ski we learned to ride on as kids.

we painted the scallops on these and built hot motors for them 20 some years ago when we were in highschool.

The pink ski is a 1977 440 i rebuilt with my 15 year old girl for her to ride. it has a built 440 motor with mild porting.

The green one is a 1988 550 i got about a month ago to put together for racing. It was painted like a race machine but bone stock. we gutted it and put all the good stuff in it. it now has one of my built 550 motors with a 46mm, MSD and BIG time porting.

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
IMG_0010.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

these are my two ski's the blue and silver checkered is my 86 js300 its pretty modded.
ans the white with bluse flames is my project hull it was a 89 js300sx and im going to convert it. im not sure what size engine i am debating between a 650 or 750. any ideas guys

Top Bottom