Ultimate ski hauler or way too cumbersome?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
High miles but it's a diesel and has a hydraulic lift that I'm sure can be modified to work on a ski somehow. Engine and tranny have been replaced...doesn't say how long ago though.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay.cfm?itemID=13&acctID=1258

There are 8 available total, 98 to 2001...bids between $300 and $850 so far. This one has a new motor and diff and is the lowest mileage of the group.

Attachments

• 1258_13_2.jpg
    1258_13_2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 1258_13_3.jpg
    1258_13_3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 46
  • 1258_13_1.jpg
    1258_13_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1258_13_4.jpg
    1258_13_4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I'll bet that thing rolls down the hwy pretty nice on cruise too with that diesel.

My buddy did up an old school bus a few years ago but i think this thing has way more potential.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I would trust a 7.3 anyday over a 6.0, 6.4, or duramax.. Cummins is right there with the 7.3 though.. Lots of potential with those short buses and a chair lift.. all you need is a way to shelve the skis in back with a crane system.. beach cart them in on the lift and place them on their own shelf out of the way... I'd buy one.... Wife would leave me, but I'd take the risk... hahaha

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
just make the bunks at cart heighth then hae it be a lower and upper rack that they will slide off on to at different heights . stop the lift at the lower rack then continue up to the upper.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
If I had the cash, that would kick azz all day long. Agreed on the 7.3 reliability, mileage and grunt in general.

I guess the biggest bummer for me would be the insurance and reg... And the initial set-up costs.

Just get it.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Insurance would be easy.. Well atleast in Washington you would take it to the DMV and have it reregistered as an RV for personal use to get rid of the commercial vehicle titling and insurance would be rv insurance after that..

Raised bunks would work.. or a trolley/rail with a harbor freight style electric hoist to lift and run the ski to the bunk of choice.. I can see the idea bubbles now.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom