Under Chinpad Knee Padding or Shock Pad ?

E350

Site Supporter
I have read here that putting some padding under an aftermarket handlepole such as the Blowsion Billet Handlepole is advisable to protect your knee from steering plate injury.

I see this one here and have asked the poster about it in a 10 year old thread:

1722701221556.jpeg

I think I remember a rectangular Shock Pad under the chinpad looking like neapolitan ice cream, but can't find it or where it is sold and I have no idea how to fasten one to the chinpad if I make my own.

Any suggestion where I can buy knee padding or a shock pad to fit under the steering plate on a Blowsion Billet Handlepole?

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !

I think a lot of people just make their own.

E350

Site Supporter
Thanks WFO. But these pads won't protect my knee from the handlepole coming down because these pads adhere to the hood not to the bottom of the handle pole.

Any other suggestions?

Here’s one, trying to find the other one

E350

Site Supporter
@kevbo and @Harbor This is what the person whose photo I grabbed said about the necessity of padding the bottom of the steering bracket:

"I crushed my knee the 1st ride and was out for a month. in that time off a mfg a pad/bracket to prevent that from happening again."

I am hoping that @shaunsteezy responds to my mention of him in that thread, but it has been 10 years . . .

Awesome @Harbor Thank you !!!

Now I just need to fabricate a bracket to attach it to the bottom of the chinpad:

1722717803303.png

Last edited:
I have a pair of pro knees and couldn't live without them. It's almost time to replace them I think. I've rebuilt them once but think it's time to just get new ones. But they are well worth the money and I wouldn't even hesitate getting another pair.

Top Bottom