Underpad: Is Plush Worth It?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
I asked for a sample of Hydro-Turfs Plush and Regular underpads in a sample inquire which they did not deliver. So figured I would ask for opinions here.

For thous of you that have worked with both types of underpad, is the Plush sheet worth the 30% price hike?

i dont have a ton of experience and i dont have much under pad. for me the under pad is only good if you spend a ton of time on your knees. or if you need a filler. when i returfed i bought a bunch of under pad and never used it. dont take my word for it im new.

Layne

Addicted.
Can't call it experience, more like forum lurking. But check into the 25mm padding, supposed to be huge but well worth it from every review.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I don't like it. It's a lot heavier and much harder to work with. Stick with the regular 25mm.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I haven't ridden it yet, but just put down the 25mil stuff on mine and it feels super nice. Install was easy and cuts like buttuh, if you use a large sharp serrated bread knife. One sheet is A LOT of padding too. If you want some send me a pm. I still have a bit left.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have the ~1/2" plush as my underpad on my square. The ski I learned to ride on had the same thickness regular padding. In my opinion, unless you go with the 25mm plush (which I have ridden on), it really doesn't add that much padding that you can perceptively feel.

When we did Ass..er...SquareJoel's tray and holds we used the 25mm stuff that the member #.0 sells, it is neoprene padding seems to have less memory than the plush. It also feels like it absorbs more shock. Look #.0 up and see if he is still selling the stuff. It is cheaper and better than the HT stuff in my opinion.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I went with the 25mm plush and love it...

the plush seems to have less memory IMO. I ride with foot straps, so my feet are always in the exact same position. Compared to other riders that use footstraps and normal 25mm padding, mine has no indentation. I have seen other riders with permanent heel marks in their turf from where they stand in there footstraps.

All that being said, I don't ride as much as I use to, so that may have something to do with the memory issue.

It is so soft and cushy... I would never do anything different...

I also read that someone suggested using a electric carving knife to cut the turf.

I asked for a sample of Hydro-Turfs Plush and Regular underpads in a sample inquire which they did not deliver. So figured I would ask for opinions here.

For thous of you that have worked with both types of underpad, is the Plush sheet worth the 30% price hike?

I apologize that customer service did not get you those sample like you requested. If you would still like those please email me your address at mike@hydroturf.com

Here is my opinion on the Under-pad. The plush is very nice, I do agree that is heavier but the comfort it gives you is second to none. The recover is definitely better than the Gray under-pad. I only recommend the 25m to riders who do a lot of Surf ridding/Free-ride or if they are Free-Style riders as it takes away the majority of the impact. If you are ridding flat water you will be fine with regular 8mm under-pad whether you use the plush or standard.

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
I went with 25 mm soft underpad. I have had some issues with my feet(sore heels) while riding surf, I hope this is the ticket. I'll let you guys know once I get the ski wet!

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I just got the 25mm padding on my sx.. I haven't gotten to ride it yet, but standing on it in the garage its pretty sweet.. I cut it down on the tops of the rails for padding my elbows when I am starting out.. I hope to have it in the water this weekend, if so I will respond back....

tom21

havin fun

it is to me. turfing is not something I want to do very often so I buy what I think is the best. in terms of comfort and wear, the plush is the best.if that means I have to take a little more time and dull a razor every cut, so be it. I wont be returfing for years.

95FX1

brrrrraaaaaappppppp
i just ripped up the thick grey colored one....
not sure if it was the 25 but it was the thickest grey color....(there is a black also...not as thick)

anyway it was the best i ever had and i will deff. be replacing it again...

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I think some people in this thread don't know what the plush padding is. It's the white padding, it doesn't have anything to do with the thickness.

I've bought the 25mm plush and haven't installed it. It is a lot heavier than the gray padding.

Top Bottom