Unreal vid!

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Dasa is claiming 250hp out of their 1200 power valve motor right? Could of swore I saw that in a Dasa add in pro rider mag. Or something.

jeckert

Going backwards
Dasa is claiming 250hp out of their 1200 power valve motor right? Could of swore I saw that in a Dasa add in pro rider mag. Or something.

If so they are NOT dyno tested & on the DASA 1200 they made some very helpful changes i.e. port timing...still not up to snuff with the XS1200 and Polaris 1200

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
lol, well i personally don't know. But, if it hasnt been dyno tested to get the "250hp" then... how do we know its not up to snuff with the XS1200? If you rode one and then the other, wouldnt there be too many variables to say, "the XS hits harder". Like the hull, the ignition setup, the carbs, the manifold porting? im not doubting because the biggest thing i've ridden is an 850 in a SF Badass. these are just questions for my knowledge I guess.

jeckert

Going backwards
Its very simple I've ridden all three motors and both XS1200 and the polaris 1200 were at my buddy's shop. I've owned the xs1200 too. The 1200DASA felt a bit better than my old XS1000, while my XS1200 felt scary different! The Polaris is very similar to the xs1200, but I'm not sure which one of those 2 motors are best.

On another note my friend owns both the DASA1200 and XS1200 in similar set ups...so apples to apples and he is completely on board with the XS1200 making more power!

Having invested easily $100K into equipment over the years, I am not a bandwagon jumper nor a "hater;" just callin' it like it is! Every company does something well and when a similar product is out there from a different company that means someone might be able to do it better...so with that being said and no disrespect to DASA, but this is what I know through my experience.

Remember my buddy's shop also had the XS1000 and DASA1000 exact same set up both in a Q8 hull...can you guess which one was light years above the other?...trust me you don't want to hear the review ;)

The best DASA products ever were their cast cylinders (I had 2 of those DASA motors built in 2006 and '07, BEST motors EVER!...Gus Andros built both of them for me and my 5mil 828 DASA hit equally to my XS1000 on the bottom)...these were the motors your engine builder had to set up the porting, cases, etc... so you could end up with a beast or junk!...Gus was my secret. Now billet DASA, XS, & Powerhouse Cylinders they come CNCed to the manufacturers specs (polaris still uses cast cyls w/ a billet bottom)

jeckert

Going backwards
Can't wait to see what Zack from Powerhouse Performance answer's back with regarding these 3 1200 motors...we'll see come spring! ;)

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
Great vid! I'd love to pilot one of those.

...but 240HP with a DASA 1100...not likely!...try 170ish

You could probably squeeze that much out of an 1100 with porting, compression, timing etc...

A stock 550 is only worth around 40, while a T-3 ported 550cc was supposedly throwing out 100+.

Its all about the surf!
Stanton High has one and just came down to Oside to ride with us for the last few days. I was hoping to give his a go but when we went out Friday I broke my steering cable 2 minutes into the ride so I was out, spent the day fixing my ski. On Saturday Stanton busted his lip up pretty bad (details on facebook) and so he left early. Bottom line I never got to ride it. My first impressions of seeing it up close is that its really small or short. Its very similar to a BOB size wise. I have ridden several BOB's before and they are just not the ski for me. I weigh a solid 200 , so I'm thinking this will be similar. Stantons no where near my weight so it just may work for him. If your coming from an SXR it will be a HUGE transition.

HI guys , just putting it out there , i lot of guys here are riding jb 1 or foot rockets over here in Austalia ! Nick sold about 70 last year !
As for the size and weight , Nick is about 6 foot 3 , im 6,1 and he is over me , have a look at the end of the vid , when he lands it on the beach , compare his height to the ski !
At the end of the day , its what you happy riding !! i have a sxr and is a huge transition !!

djraider700

lol wut?
Buddy of mine has a JB1. Got a chance to ride it and it's a kick ass hull. I like it way better than the 2 Rickter FS2s that Ive ridden. I think the Footrocket is a little smaller/lighter and geared more for flatwater? Looks sick!

jeckert

Going backwards
Im not sure where you get your info from, maybe the Dasa you rode wasn't set up 100% right ,

This is a Dasa 1100, it looks more power that need it, show me something similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sanxMoD558

How do you know that is a DASA 1100?...Rok was riding a Polaris 1200 prior to that being released...why would he of down sized?

Lucas, my info comes from experience at the shop and 2 others that are reliable sources/engine builders (who I don't want to drag into this), but when you've had the EXACT SAME setups side by side (including the hulls) you seem to realize that things just don't measure up. We have not seen a power-making DASA product since the billet generation at the shop, just hype! Unfortunately, talking about this does nothing until you ride the same setup side by side or have someone that will dyno test all 3 motors...and I think I know someone that will be doing that hopefully this winter!

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
How do you know that is a DASA 1100?...Rok was riding a Polaris 1200 prior to that being released...why would he of down sized?

Maybe the engine was set up to where it didn't need the extra 100cc's. :dunno:

good enough power, and less fuel consumption?

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
until somebody posts a video of a dasa, xs, etc. on an engine dyno so u can get a real accurate number, WHO CARES what the motor makes for power. All most of u guys on here need to kno is that the ski is sick as hell and the motor hauls ass!

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Im not sure where you get your info from, maybe the Dasa you rode wasn't set up 100% right ,

Care to share how a 1100 be set-up 100%

Your 100% might be different than someone else's 100%

Top Bottom