up too late again and got to thinking..

I got a spare x2 hull kicking around but no motor. I can find liquid cooled Snowmobile engines way cheaper than a jet ski motor, think it would work?
like maybe a 6-800 cc polaris or ski doo engine? they seem to have a lot of low end and some stock snomobile engines have over 100 horse. i know the octane's engine is basically the same as the polaris snowmobile engine, so why wouldnt any engine work in a ski, right?:thinking: any input on it? or am i just crazy?

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
it might work, but i dont know what direction the drive shaft is facen on the engine, you would have to custom make a cuplar, pipe may be a problem, but once again never worked with a snow mobile, i live in florida! haha

haha, yeah. i think the exhuast would be a trick. but think about the wewight savings of no battery or starter motor.. pull start jet ski! just hope it doesnt stall in the water... might be hard to get going again. hmm.. this sounds like something they might have had in waterworld. lol. ill probably never do it, but interesting anyways.

i also got to thinking... again.. about a supercharger :fing02:, anyone know how much CFM a smog pump from a car flows vs how much a stock say kaw 750 carb?.. if its more then it SHOULD provide boost, right? hmmmmm... i should stop thinking so much..............:slap:

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
haha, yeah. i think the exhuast would be a trick. but think about the wewight savings of no battery or starter motor.. pull start jet ski! just hope it doesnt stall in the water... might be hard to get going again. hmm.. this sounds like something they might have had in waterworld. lol. ill probably never do it, but interesting anyways.

i also got to thinking... again.. about a supercharger :fing02:, anyone know how much CFM a smog pump from a car flows vs how much a stock say kaw 750 carb?.. if its more then it SHOULD provide boost, right? hmmmmm... i should stop thinking so much..............:slap:
Stop thinking and just do it.
You are gonna have a 212hp X2

lmao, i read that whole thread. 212 hp out of a 650... umm yeah idk about that. But maybe ill get like a 1000c triple, and turbo it! ( actually ive seen it done..) then NITROUS!!! hmm and maybe some of those fake hood scoops you get at auto zone! yeah.. and RIMS! big spinners! and a WING.. wait this isnt a honda...

idk im just bored, and thinking out loud, that plus reading all kinds of crap on every fourm you can imagine.. buts ideas in my head. usually bad ones, but hey, theres the occasional good one! like pizza.. pizza sounds like a goo didea right now... hmm. ill be back later..

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
Im sure there would be a way to get a starter to work for you snow mobile engine though, is the flywheel on the top? or inside somewhere?

BlueBreadTruck

X-2? Yes please
i know a smog pump dosent put out anything close to what you would need to make boost. Boost isnt very efficient on a 2-stroke anyway.....blows out the ports.

just swap in a 1100 as everyone seems to be doing lately

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
a project of a friend of mine. it is a vertical shaft surfjet motor using a smog pump as a supercharger. it pumped out 14lbs of boost. he never was able to work out the fuel delivery for the extra gas to run it WOT. so he scrapped the project

afcblink

Stuck in the no wake zone
It seems to me that once you went through the effort to transform a 'biler engine into a PWC engine, you'd end up going through the all of the same sort of mods that Yamaha, Polaris, and Rotax did to come up with the existing ski motor options, probably at a higher cost in the end, lower reliability, and a whole lot more blood, sweat and tears in the process.

On the other hand, if you are thinking of some completely different engine configuration that you can't get in a ski yet -- like a 600cc 4-stroke twin -- that might make it worth the effort.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
The largest problem w/ boosting a carb is the butterfly seals.

Blow through systems if done right can be very functional. But as far as reliable the draw through is the way to go for carbs

Top Bottom