Surfriding ***UPDATED*** To Barrel Roll or to not barrel roll- oceanside

I am guessing the end of the video is Jake realizing you have no footholds and laughing
Good job going for it man!!!

yes

Wait... Kurt, is that u???

yes

DuDe...you dont need foot holds...........keep tryin

NO! I got one strap in on Friday. Rode Saturday but surf was too small to attempt much :/

Strap is a LITTLE further back and prob would have liked it an inch or two forward more but wasn't bad. By the end of the ride I got used to it.

IMG_20120603_113151.jpg

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
NO! I got one strap in on Friday. Rode Saturday but surf was too small to attempt much :/

Strap is a LITTLE further back and prob would have liked it an inch or two forward more but wasn't bad. By the end of the ride I got used to it.

A wiseman once said...
wydopen said:
that strap is not nearly far enough back....

but I would say, go with what's comfortable.

Its all about the surf!
Great attempts! Sacking up and trying it is 3/4ths the battle! Keep trying, you'll get it soon! I'm back from Cabo now so we'll ride all this week, starting tomorrow

Well, I've made it out a couple more times and I've come a long ways. I've made a complete rolls, but don't have them on camera do to some filming issues.

John "227" ^^^ volunteered to take some footage of me today while we were out riding so I can see myself and look at my form. So, heres where I'm at along with some fubar hood hooks and hood prongs. Bending them back was fun, but today I limited myself on my attempts because they aren't quite up to par yet...

IMG_20120613_194946.jpg

IMG_20120612_110122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Its all about the surf!
"just go faster"

HAHA yeah that was always Joe Kinneys advice to me when I was learning B rolls! Keep in mind Kurt has only ridden surf a handful of times, and he really wanted to get the B roll down before he has to go home (away from the ocean). I'd say he's done a pretty good job! Congrats Kurt!

Thanks for the tips guys.

Got some new billet hood hooks so theres no holding back. I should be on the water soon. Hopefully plate to plate rolls coming.

Last edited:

ThatDude

Laughs @ Danger
Kurt your killin it man, stokkked for you! All you gotta do to perfect it is wait for the wave to lip up a bit more and you got it! Your ready for a backflip now!!!

Top Bottom