Upgrading to solas mag pump, performance or prop change needed?

So right now I got my square nose tore down and the oem pump is in rough shape on the leading edge of the stator. seems like a decent stator is is atleast 75 buck used. Was considering buying a solas mag non setback stator and just getting the upgrade done with.
my setup
62t/62t w/ 84mm pistons
61x electronics
b pipe
single sbn 46
hooker 10/16.

Basically need to know by adding the magnum pump is this going to bog down the engine revs from processing so much more water? i prob should have gone with the hooker 9/15 since the 62t has more top end than I prefer compared to a 61x top end but is the solas going to help or hinder my low end?

I do realize that some have clearance issues with the bearings from what I understand being too high on the outer race? any link to were I can check these to verify its good before i install and blow the bearings quickly?

I felt that it does load the engine significantly more, but it ends up being a better feel. With my sn I was a little unhappy with the "loss" of felt power but really happy with the handling and features of it in general. When I went to a stubby cone and a bored reduction nozzle the pump really came alive and blows away the "power" feel of my stocker. So, yes it loads up the motor more( or at least feels like it) and you should probably get the upgrades mentioned above.

I was running a square with a 718, bpipe, mad, 38s, head, lightned flywheel, hooker 10/16

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A 62T cyl will probably be a little sluggish with a 10-16. If it is just bend the trailing edge 1/8" and try again.

so looking from the top of the impeller leading edge down and trailing edge up so they are flatter? need heat? hate to ruin a good prop but im sure it will be hell of a ton better than the stock one!

Top Bottom