Versiplug installation PICS...

This intrigues me...the previous owner of my hull already put in a scupper tube, but glassed over the end and covered it up since it was leaking.

All I would have to do is open the end back up and install one of these plugs.

Looks like thats what im gonna do!

maybe a dump question, but: how does this valve (compared to scuppers) prevent your boat from sinking when its upside down? the ball will not seal the hole and also let air in the hull and hence water trough the air inlets in the hood into the engine compartment (which is the reason for sinking)

btw: nice boat and nice idea with the plug. i plan on doing the same, but will locate the plug in the engine compartment side of the scupper pipe

kraqus

Site Supporter
Just by touching the epoxy at the tail you would think it is bulletproof but I will take it from you guys with more experience that it will crack.....

Oh well, I can't wait for it to happen since I Looooooove working with glass so much.....Ha Ha Ha !!!!

Trials and errors......we'll see what happens and how long it last. I will definitely put this Versiplug to the test.

Jetfreak,

to answer your question.....yeah you are probably right being upside down the Ball in the Versiplug will not have water that pushes it to seal that hole so yeah that is something to be wary about. Next question would be how much water is coming from your hood or wherever else. I know air needs to come in for the Carbs but how much and from where.

A good seal, set of hood straps and never let go.......:dunno:

Benny

kraqus

Site Supporter
DONE !!!!! :Banane09::bananapowerslide:

Now you see it...

P1000143.jpg

Now you don't....

P1000142.jpg

I got some PM's asking me how it's working for me. I am still hacking away at my RN and I have not been able to ride it yet but I tested the Versiplug by filling up the Bilge.

This is a video of such test (HD quality):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2JZK6kYWa4"]YouTube- Versiplug Test[/ame]

I hope this thread, Pics and video help you in any way if you are also going to install one of these gadgets.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Benny

Last edited:
Was that the train making the water vibrate?

I miss living next to a set of railroad tracks..I got so used to that noise and rumble that I could sleep right through it.

On a side note, looks like she drains pretty good!

kraqus

Site Supporter
That train track is 8 blocks away and across a Freeway...and still hear it !!!
I lived in NY, Howard Beach area for 5 years next to JFK airport.
Twice a day the Concord will take off......now THAT is a rumble.....LOL!

Benny

Sorry to wake up an oldish thread but I'm finally getting around to installing a Versiplug Max and have a couple questions for Benny or anyone else who has done this:

I got some 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe and noticed that the ID of this pipe is 2.129" and the outside of Versiplug is exactly 2" and measures 2.062 at the installed O-rings. This doesn't even seal nevermind put any pressure on the O-rings. Did you have this problem? What pipe did you use? Thanks.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Really?
I still have Half of the 10' pipe I bought. Let me look for it in the Garage and let you know.....mine was hard to fit the Versiplug in, I had to used a lot of WD-40 and put a lot of pressure until it went in.

Benny

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
wow thats funny you just posted this... I was going to install the pipe today but i guess i should wait until i get the versiplug to be sure it will fit. I got an 8 or 10 foot section from the depot as well.

I just got another 2" Sched 40 PVC pipe from Rona for $28 (I'm in Canada) because the one I got from Home Depot here was too big inside. Same name, but different size. This one is perfect. Just make sure the pipe ID is less than 2.062" if you want to start before your Versiplug arrives. It is exactly 2" plus the thick O-rings.
Good luck.
I'm going to get dusty now.

Top Bottom