Video from Surf Slam

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I got every heat but one like AM 1/4 final. Didn't get back to the cam from socializing fast enough. If they got to there I got video of them before that heat. I have over 3 hours of hot action.

I was switching back and forth between riders so there should be something of everyone. I did tend to favor the west coasties and our local boys.

You folks thought the surf was wild? That's just boring late summer surf. It gets insane during the winter. It was bit less crazy in Grayland, WA at our local competition August 29th. Check out the highlight clips from there while you wait for more surf slam video. Adam Bingaman and Todd Rijken were tearing it up:
http://www.barry-blanchard.com/movies/jetski/freeride/graylandopen2009.html

Got done feeding it all into the computer today and did some processing. In regards to the next clips I was thinking of working my way backwards from the Pro Finals to the Pro Quarter finals. Then do the same with AM. Sound reasonable?
Just to be clear that was all but one heat on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't get there until right before the first big sneaker wave around 3:15PM Friday which kicked my back side real good. I will get around to more clips soon. Got to make a living taking care of paying customers first.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm looking over the notes my wife took of what is on the videos. On Sunday she got into excellent detail. Saturday basically no detail. Could someone provide a list of who was in which heats Saturday? It would make my job a lot easier.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm adding more videos today. I'm working my way backward through the Pro competition. I will update my web page for surf slam as I add new videos:
http://www.barry-blanchard.com/movies/jetski/freeride/surfslam2009.html
I will not post here everytime I add a video. Keep checking my web page for new videos. I added the battle for third place and will be adding the semi-finals in a while. It takes a while for processing so don't expect more than one new video every hour.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
what zach said - 1 hour. I started my stopwatch on my handlebars at the beginning of my heat and stopped it at 59:46:24 when it was on my tote again.

all in all that was a son of a bitch

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yeah what Stan said!:Banane19:
Having judged an event with Mark Matsuda two weeks prior I can tell you this, it was very hard to keep track of the three of you out there, and the sickest air trick visually doesn't always win. There are so many other factors involved in the scoring its best to really understand how that works. Remember its about half air tricks and half surfing, and a portion to the overall impression of the heat. The best thing to do is talk to the judges to look at the scoring so you can improve your performance in the future.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm adding more videos today. I'm working my way backward through the Pro competition. I will update my web page for surf slam as I add new videos:
http://www.barry-blanchard.com/movies/jetski/freeride/surfslam2009.html
I will not post here everytime I add a video. Keep checking my web page for new videos. I added the battle for third place and will be adding the semi-finals in a while. It takes a while for processing so don't expect more than one new video every hour.
Pro quarter finals through the end is up.

Top Bottom