Video: Sff2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I agree with yamalust, I had ZERO interest in getting in on that boat wake thing.

way cool to watch, and BIG air from those guys, but too much potential for danger there.

and WTF was the video pulled?
Obviously, its not GOOD for the "sport".. but come one guys, it happened, we learned from it.

I can only hope that SJBrit chased that boat down and apologized.

Did you see the small kids riding in the front of that boat? the ones that NEARLY got thrown out in the evasive maneuver that likely saved SJBrits life?

Dont do that in front of my boat, my reflexes arent that good.

no offense meant at all SJBrit, its all fun , and im glad you arent hurt.

But dam guys, need to be a little safer out there.

One incident like that, that doesnt end as well as this one, would basically ruin this entire gig.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
I agree with yamalust, I had ZERO interest in getting in on that boat wake thing.

way cool to watch, and BIG air from those guys, but too much potential for danger there.

Obviously, its not GOOD for the "sport".. but come one guys, it happened, we learned from it.

Did you see the small kids riding in the front of that boat? the ones that NEARLY got thrown out in the evasive maneuver that likely saved SJBrits life?

One incident like that, that doesnt end as well as this one, would basically ruin this entire gig.

I'm usually pretty damn careful, but crap!! That was close. Here's the annoying thing though - That guy positioned himself by the wake, so I just rode along straight for a while till it was safe. Eventually he beckoned me across in front of him pointing at the wake, so I thought - cool, nice guy. I actually thought he was planning to miss me - I didn't know he wanted to use me for target practice. Lesson learned - even the guys who are apparently giving you space are likely to hit you.

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
Jumping wakes is safe as long as you pay attention. I do it everytime I ride. I'm sorry brit but that was a rookie move:biggthumpup: Always look behind you and always think of the worst thing that could happen because it almost did.

WAB

salty nuts
Lots of skis getting thrown away in that vid, must be a flatwater thing. :dunno: :biggrin:
I must have hit that wake 50 times & I had 1 crappy roll at the very end. All good though, cool vid. Can't wait for the double up wake pics. :Banane01:

Danny Kay

SJ + M3 = awesomeness :)
I'm usually pretty damn careful, but crap!! That was close. Here's the annoying thing though - That guy positioned himself by the wake, so I just rode along straight for a while till it was safe. Eventually he beckoned me across in front of him pointing at the wake, so I thought - cool, nice guy. I actually thought he was planning to miss me - I didn't know he wanted to use me for target practice. Lesson learned - even the guys who are apparently giving you space are likely to hit you.

He was in a bad spot, and u were in a worse spot.

Thing is, u went wake to wake, you other dozen attempts u didnt do that. So the wake pushed u wayyy out in front of the boat. Either way, we all learned from it, and my parents almost crapped thier pants (they even stoped the boat lol)

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I hear you,

My take.

I trust inertia and mass, WAY more than what the driver, pilot, or rider says.

Regardless of what his intentions are, where will his craft go? and how can I avoid it?

IM not bustin on ya man, Im glad you are ok, and I enjoyed watching you rock those wakes.

I just dont want anyone to get run over!

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Just so everyone knows - that kind of freaked me out and made me feel like a rooky dumbass. I'll think twice before jumping wakes in such congestion again - not worth it. And I'm supposed to know what the h*ll I'm doing - lesson for the beginners....

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
Not trying to bust your balls:biggthumpup: That channel had way more traffic than usual with the wakeboard event going on Also. My wife paddled over From Glade marina in her Kayak and she said it was scary because of the amount of boats. We all make mistakes. I know I have had my fair share :sneaky:

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
Jumping wakes is safe as long as you pay attention. I do it everytime I ride. I'm sorry brit but that was a rookie move:biggthumpup: Always look behind you and always think of the worst thing that could happen because it almost did.

lol...you called brit a rookie...

I'm still figuring out whether I still love you. Damn gummy worms.... :nono:

oh, just wait till you see the video...yeah, you hate her...:biggrin:

Mark44

Katie's Boss
yo

I felt completely safe out there, that is nothing compared to the Mississippi on a good day the Mississippi is like playing on a hwy. with all the BIG boat traffic. Everyone jumped and got out of the way on a timely manner.

Wait till the Ozarks ride in front of party cove that’s like playing on the highway in a washing machine waves with cruisers coming from all directions it’s a blast as long as you are using the buddy system.:biggthumpup:

Mark44

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I was there last year Mark,

It was crazy busy with BIG boats hualing ass.
if my boat had been starting more reliably ( fixed now) I would have spent more time out in traffic, I was afraid Id fall, and be unable to restart.

:biggthumpup:

I felt completely safe out there, that is nothing compared to the Mississippi on a good day the Mississippi is like playing on a hwy. with all the BIG boat traffic. Everyone jumped and got out of the way on a timely manner.

Wait till the Ozarks ride in front of party cove that’s like playing on the highway in a washing machine waves with cruisers coming from all directions it’s a blast as long as you are using the buddy system.:biggthumpup:

Mark44

Mark44

Katie's Boss
T

I was there last year Mark,

It was crazy busy with BIG boats hualing ass.
if my boat had been starting more reliably ( fixed now) I would have spent more time out in traffic, I was afraid Id fall, and be unable to restart.

:biggthumpup:

Remember a tow rope! I am usually the only one that carries one ALL the time
every one needs one for sure :biggthumpup:

:biggthumpup: Mark44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom