Super Jet Wamiltons Gen IV Hood. Anyone buy one?

Took the ski out today, this hood along with the watcon hood seal did a very good job keeping the water out of my ski, this ski has never seen fresh water and is only used for surf riding and I understand how important keeping the water out of the ski is, I would recommend this hood to everyone. Wamilton did a very good job paying attention to detail when he was designing it

Last edited:
Took the ski out today, this hood along with the watcon hood seal did a very good job keeping the water out of my ski, this ski has never seen fresh water and is only used for surf riding and I understand how important keeping the water out of the ski is, I would recommend this hood to everyone. Wamilton did a very good job paying attention to detail when he was designing it
Looks really really nice! How much difference did you notice in the balance & handling compared to the stock hood?

Looks really really nice! How much difference did you notice in the balance & handling compared to the stock hood?

I can't imagine riding a stock superjet anymore, the combination of lowered bracket, lowered hood, shortened handle pole, shortened steering turnplate, blowsion destroyer tubbies, d-cut rideplate, and a widened tray with full wrap around foot holds have transformed the way the ski handles, sounds like alot of work but it was well worth it,

Last edited:

djraider700

lol wut?
I can't imagine riding a stock superjet anymore, the combination of lowered bracket, lowered hood, shorten handle pole, shorten steering turnplate, blowsion destroyer tubbies, a widen tray with full wrap around food holds has transformed this ski, sounds like alot of work but was well worth it,

Wow, did you do all those mods at once? Id like to know the difference that just the hood made. Might look into getting one soon and the Wamiltons hood has caught my eye. Just weighed my stock hood at 19.2lbs.

Wow, did you do all those mods at once? Id like to know the difference that just the hood made. Might look into getting one soon and the Wamiltons hood has caught my eye. Just weighed my stock hood at 19.2lbs.

Its been done over the last several months, but the light weight lowered hood and lowered handlepole bracket help with not making the ski feel so top heavy, before these mods the RN superjet always felt a little unstable, I think the greater benefit comes from the lowered bracket,

1EC3EFF7-3A2C-453C-999F-1315DD6895B1-9139-000008D566F9AF30.jpg

2EFEC6BC-C997-4A37-8854-060C76C25E63-9139-000008D55FD670CF.jpg

just need oem graphic and it will be on point!

That hood does look sick.
I know its not the wamer but some people requested a pick of my JK Freeride hood when I got it so here you go. I polished the white Gelcoat with some compound and it shines like the OEM hull. Finish on this hood is VERY VERY good and the inside liner looks great to. The nosepiece finish is so-so but it is ment for you to paint it, I just compounded it and it looks great for what it is. Only thing is I ordered the lowered bracket as well and the hardware they give you for it is total :):):):). The nuts for the bracket were slightly off pitch from the studs and did not thread on nicely no matter what. When I went to remove them (after it was installed) all of the threads were sharpened (not cross threaded) and useless. So now I need to go to the hardware store in the AM and get some nice stainless studs and nuts because they gave me junk with the kit. I had similar quality issues with the hardware with the blowsion steering as well. It seems that their billet and glass parts are top notch but they use crap hardware. Anyway here are the few pics I took.....
63465_10151314921361673_801720510_n.jpg

599530_10151314921791673_807007403_n.jpg

65339_10151314921946673_1531365683_n.jpg

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Just getting around to setting up my ski for the summer. For installing the nose piece for the Gen IV hood, the front 2 screws. How did you guys screw those in? Drill 2 small pilot holes and then screw the screws in?

Thanks.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Just getting around to setting up my ski for the summer. For installing the nose piece for the Gen IV hood, the front 2 screws. How did you guys screw those in? Drill 2 small pilot holes and then screw the screws in?

Thanks.

I just installed my WCF hood and put two SS counter-sunk screws in the nose peace(nose peace is not WCF). I used size 10 screws and drilled the proper size hole for that size of screw(size 22 drill bit), I drilled a slightly bigger hole in the nose peace so the screws wouldn't bind up, then I counter sunk the holes.

Last edited:

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
And I thought picking out a hood for my camaro was hard! This is way worse.

I love the look of the new Wam lowered hood. How does that compare to the JK or WCF's hood? Is one drastically lower than the other? Does anyone make a nose piece that doesn't screw on? I'd rather have it like the stock one where you can't see the screws.

Does the lowered pole bracket really make that much of a difference? I have a stock hood now which I want to get rid of, and an alum pole that my buddy made for me.

After reading this I ordered a black one. Very nice! Super lite weight and well built. I was worried about the paint matching up. It's perfect. Ordered a decal from yami for both sides, simple no paint, no wrap, upgrade. Good stuff! Thanks for steering me this way.

Top Bottom