Want more bottom end power

So, I picked up a '96 WB1 last year. The specs are:

62T/61X motor w/stock 38mm carbs & aftermarket F/As
Factory pipe w/mod chamber
Blowsion one piece girdled head w/33cc domes (makes about 155psi @ 5,000' above sea level, where I ride)
Stock pump and impeller
Jet Dynamics extended ride plate
Pro-Tec top loader intake grate

I took it out to the lake, and it ran good as far as not missing or bogging or anything. But it did not have the bottom end acceleration I expected. Also, when I got on the top end, it porposed badly. I tried shifting my weight as far forward as possible, but could not get it to stop. I think because of the porposing, it was hitting the rev limiter also.

I already picked up another ride plate, a 13-17 concord impeller, and I have a modded CDI w/ adjustable rev limiter.

My question is, what is my best options to get better bottom end acceleration? I could get a limited chamber, or I could get the cylinder ported and use more of the mod chambers capability.

I’m running similar setup at 1400 feet and Mine is ballistic 0-20.

Key to not porpoising on Mine is to get way over the bars for the holeshot, feet in the rear wells. Then quickly hanging my ass over the back of the seat to get the nose

I'd recommend a lighten flywheel and possibly a lighten coupler. I have 10-16 with mag pump. No disappointments but I'm also freestyle ported too. Find a Riva groovy plate or imo stock plate is 10 times better for freestyle. I do believe the mag pump helps hold ski on top of water vs dragging so much water into pump then dumping. Size by side comparison on three different skis I own and helped build. The ski that porpoises the worse is an extended plate with a stock pump. You need thrust to keep front of ski up and moving forward. Money solves all problems in this area.

I certainly agree with that last sentence! Unfortunately, my ski budget is limited :-( However, I did pick up a Riva Groovey ride plate for a good price :) and I am looking at sending my flywheel to Zero for lightening. Don't see a mag pump in the near future, but maybe a Hooker for my stock pump?? Thanks for the advice!!

Top Bottom