Other Want to get into stand ups...where to start?

My bad it was sx not sxi, and the Sxi is about the same wright comparison, the Sxi pro came out late I THINK the Sxi came out in 94. Again the sxr is bulky but the power of the motor over comes that and if you plain on riding the ski qnd not doing tricks then the sj is useless. I think a older sj costs more then a 04 sxr and the Sxi goes for around 1000

It happens. Honestly, I appreciate the Kawasaki feedback. I'm trying to look at this objectively as possible. As far as the SXR goes, there is no way in hell I'm going to find an SXR within my budget. SXi, maybe. So really for comparison's sake given my price range, I need to look at early model SXi's and SN SJ's.

I really just wanna carve and hit some wake, I won't be doing backflips or anything but the part compatibility and nimbleness of the SJ win it out for me.

the sxi was made from 95 to 2002. and i'm pretty sure the sxi pro came into play in 98. sxr in 03. if you could find an sxr for the price of a sn sj you better jump on that all day...but i dont see it happening in the market today.

Thanks, I just found a web page going through Kawasaki history lol. My thoughts exactly on the SXR, no way will a 2003 SXR be comparable $$$ wise to a 93-95 SJ

runninAmuck

SuperJet Jake
go with a superjet. i had a 650sx that was my first ski. it ran okay when it ran. first ski i rode was an 82 js 550. thing was a dog and ran for about an hour and worked on it the rest of the day. they are super cheap online but trust me the amount of money and time you put into that ski will be about the same as a sn sj. as for the 750s, my buddy has a 2000 twin carb and my 01 sj will eat that thing. the 750 is a little skinnier in my opinion and not great on handling. also its a dog. and you work on it more then anything. if you want something reliable and you dont wanna worry about before you hit the water go with a simi stock sj. i have my 01 with all stock motor just upgrades to the pump and steering and it always starts and runs bitchin. never have to worry about my ski

the sxi was made from 95 to 2002. and i'm pretty sure the sxi pro came into play in 98. sxr in 03. if you could find an sxr for the price of a sn sj you better jump on that all day...but i dont see it happening in the market today.

The going rate for a 03-05 sxr is around 3,000 theres no way you would be able to get a rn where I'm form at that price. You van debate on what is the better ski but to say a superjet in general is less experience is just not true. No way would you be able to find a 05 sj for 3,000

The going rate for a 03-05 sxr is around 3,000 theres no way you would be able to get a rn where I'm form at that price. You van debate on what is the better ski but to say a superjet in general is less experience is just not true. No way would you be able to find a 05 sj for 3,000

Dude we are not talking about round nose SJ's, maybe very early round nose models...you seem to keep forgetting my budget is $1,500-2,000 MAX. SXR's and late model round nose's are out of the equation!

I understand this but there's no way your goimg to get a rn at that price range and that's what most people were talkimg about. I was just stating that you could get a 03 sxr for the same price as a 96-98 sj. Ive never rode a sn but Moët people i talk to who have dont like them.

Ive had the sxr, sxi and currently have a rn. The rn beats them both by far the sxi didnt handle well and I had tubbies the back would slide all the time where the sj can hold a line. The sxr was fun but for cruising mainly as its a good bit heavier than the sj. Now I have never owned or ridden a sn but the bottom decks are the same and i'd expect them to handle somewhat the same so If I were you id go with the sn. I've had fun on all the skis I've owned soo either way you go your going to have fun.

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
From my experience the Yamaha's are better engineered machines. They seem to be much more reliable and worth putting money into. IMO, get a 701 powered SN, stick a RN pole on it and enjoy it for the season.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
From my experience the Yamaha's are better engineered machines. They seem to be much more reliable and worth putting money into. IMO, get a 701 powered SN, stick a RN pole on it and enjoy it for the season.

I'd say this is the best post in this whole thread, and the best avatar.

runninAmuck

SuperJet Jake
@snirunner24. i didnt say it was, i said the MOTOR is stock. i have a solas 12/17 pitch ride plate intake great and a blowsion stubby pump cone. he weighs 115 and i weigh 140. apples to apples ?? sounds like hes got the upper hand.

He only weights 115 and u think he has the upper hand. Lol, the way a jet ski works is the water is pulled through tunnel and into the pump by the prop. If there is not enough weight on the tunnel then it will suck air which make the ski cavitate. If you switched skis it would be the other way around. My buddies STOCK sxi gps'd 4 mph faster then a STOCK sj. We gps'd 3 sxr's and 2 sj's and a STOCK Sxi. we all took off our aftermarket ride plates and grates and had the some person ride the skis. The Sxi was faster then two of the sxr's!!!!!

Ski choise is an personal preference, some like sxr's some like the sxi's and some like the sj. If your option is a sn or Sxi. It would be hard to choose.

Last edited:
He only weights 115 and u think he has the upper hand. Lol, the way a jet ski works is the water is pulled through tunnel and into the pump by the prop. If there is not enough weight on the tunnel then it will suck air which make the ski cavitate. If you switched skis it would be the other way around. My buddies STOCK sxi gps'd 4 mph faster then a STOCK sj. We gps'd 3 sxr's and 2 sj's and a STOCK Sxi. we all took off our aftermarket ride plates and grates and had the some person ride the skis. The Sxi was faster then two of the sxr's!!!!!

Ski choise is an personal preference, some like sxr's some like the sxi's and some like the sj. If your option is a sn or Sxi. It would be hard to choose.

Top speed is pointless on a jet ski..

based on everyone elses response, I think this is the route I should probably go

picked up an 05 sj with bpipe, plate, grate and 1 valve in december for 2700....and last year got 2 2000 sj's on a dbl trailer for 2500. but that's my little secret!

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
There was a super clean 03 I think, bone stock RN with a trailer in my area not long ago for $2650. Needless to say it didnt last long. They are out there, but you cant dick around, b/c you will miss out.

Top Bottom