watcon hood seal

kraqus

Site Supporter
Any one use this and have a WDK hood? I isntalled my seal but my hood doesnt seem to seal up right.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mine fits just fine.

P1010070.jpg

P1010064.jpg

Benny

swapmeet

Brotastic
I never saw a clear answer on the "will it work for an FX1" question, although I assume it will.

Also, Watcon, what do you think about splitting the seal down the center, creating two sides to seal with?
FX1's are prone to losing the hood in a pancake situation, so that extra seal might be useful, but I wanted your feedback.

I dont think I would slit it completely (all the way around). I'm afraid the seal will deteriorate quicky. There have only been a few instances where slitting the front to lower the hood was necessary.
It should work on a FX-1, keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
Randy

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Alright jerks, I just ordered one instead of an OEM seal so you people better not be steering me wrong.

Thanks again, Randy. (or Randy's underlings)

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
I Don't know where this thread was heading but I'm going to put it out there that this hood seal is freakin awesome. Randy has been super cool to keep me stocked with this Material and it works so damn good especially with a Brap strap set up. It has reduced the amount of water in my ski incredibly. Absolutely easy to install, and totally affordable at the same time. I also used this on a SXR hood and it worked just as killer. What else can you say its affordable and it works great end of story. If your on the wall rest assured this hood seal made the all difference on my Surf Superjet this year as far as water ingestion goes. A+++ for Randy and these hood seals!

Last edited:

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
I dont think I would slit it completely (all the way around). I'm afraid the seal will deteriorate quicky. There have only been a few instances where slitting the front to lower the hood was necessary.
It should work on a FX-1, keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
Randy

works just fine on an FX-1, I trust them on mine
they are a must on a Rickter

Attachments

• fx-1 005.jpg
    fx-1 005.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 26
  • fx-1 001.jpg
    fx-1 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 36

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
well, it's been a year or so. I've got these seals on 2 sj's.
Other than normal wear, I see no advantage to the OEM.
Dammit! I can't find a reason to buy OEM! Folks are using them on Superfreaks, Rickters, sj's and so on....

Still good. Thanks Watcon.

I ordered an OEM seal for my B1, but when I tried to install it today it was waaaaaaay short. Definitely not the right one. I am sending that POS back and ordering one from Watcon. I'll also be saving tons-O-$$$, which I will then use to buy a few other goodies I've had my eye on.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Got it today. It is a D-shaped closed cell sponge extrusion.

125final.gif

Is it as good as OEM? No.

Is it a great value for $25? Absolutely.

It comes with adhesive backing and nice instructions from a great dealer.

Thanks again, Randy.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Got it today. It is a D-shaped closed cell sponge extrusion.

125final.gif

Is it as good as OEM? No.

Is it a great value for $25? Absolutely.

It comes with adhesive backing and nice instructions from a great dealer.

Thanks again, Randy.

Get it in there right the first time. Lock it down. It will take the shape of your hood sealing edge.
It might look like a big bubble at first. Once the groove is set in, it's good to go.

Just got 3 watcon hood seals in the mail today. 1 for the SN, 1 for the RN and 1 as spare part. watcon sent them of on monday 16.05.2011 and they just arrived today (wednesday morning 18.05.2011) here in germany. Thank you. Thumbs up for a great seller with great service and a great product for a fair price.

In case of using contact cement for extra security: do you apply it directly over the self-adhesive coat on the seal??? (Of course after i peeled of the protecting strip!)

Top Bottom