water box compare

ANT

Just ride
so far I've run:

TDR with rear only-was loud but not super loud

XMW box with daul-was reeeaaaaalllllyyyyy loud

XMW box with rear only- was real loud

currently have a stock squarenose fiberglass box in my ski and so it is my favorite. It's perfect as far as noise level, and there might have been a slight slight increase in bottom end going back to it from the other boxes, but otherwise no noticeable power difference.

My B-pipe is run a little more dry than other and I run a jetworks valve. But it gives you and idea of the sound differences.

ive been told that factory pipe dynoed their pipes to make the most power with stock waterboxs,the baffles provide the correct amount of back flow the resilience wave is made to work with for the pipe to perform to its top hp,after market boxes actually lose a few hp and sound like crap on top of that.no need until you get into huge 900 to 1000 cc motors

It takes at least a two chamber box to get quiet enough. This is how a stock box is designed. Most A/M boxes are just open cans that have the outlet pipe mounted too far off the bottom to suck water out. This is the reason they are so loud, load up with water, and take forever to blow out.

cmg

Proud Dad!!
I am running dual exhuast with a 701 and TDR box and it is LOUD!! Not a good thing were I ride. Every lake I have been on I have received complaints, even in the ocean it can be heard over everything else. This winter I think I am going to go back to OEM. When I ran the box with just rear exhaust it was loud but tolerable but now it is crazy. No issues if I owned my own lake to ride on!

Top Bottom