Blaster Water getting in carb, any ideas?

I have been having problems keeping water from getting into my carb if i dive the nose under water a bit. I feel like i have tried everything. I put the oem flame arrestor back on, which seemed to do better than the tau ceti i had before, but still got some water in it the other day. I tried extending and putting elbows on the rubber air intake tubes below the hood to try diverting water farther from the carb area. My hood seal is brand new and seals well. I put the coupler cover back on to keep any water from being thrown around the engine area.

Im not sure what else to try. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions/ideas?

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
water is going to get in the hull, especially if your a surf rider.
the key is to get it out as quickly as possible. i had the same problem for a while. i put a couple of versa plugs in, opened up the holes in the bulkhead so water gets to the back asap, and never had an issue since.
except for when the midshaft housing went.

Thanks for the replies. Think ill try opening up the holes in the bulkhead a bit, then either bilge pumps or those versa plugs. Not sure which yet. Any recommendations on which moves water out faster? I'll probably try one of those outerwears too. Any more suggestions?

Since installing dual versi plugs in both my B1's I have not used my bilge pumps once, if that helps. I also installed Frogskins membrane between air inlets and tubes, not sure if that helped or not.

Last edited:
Nice, I'll have to grab a couple versi plugs. Do you use the ones that just screw into the existing drain plug or are you using larger ones? I do have the coupler cover on there. Think I will probably get some frog skins and maybe an outerwear too, while im at it. Also, has anyone found certain flame arrestors better than others in terms of keeping water out? I put the OEM one back on but had to trim it to fit in with my 46mm blackjack and thrust adapter plate. If I wanna try the outerwear I may just have to try fitting one over the oem arrestor or getting a different arrestor.

Screw in is what I use, 1 on each side. Pass on the Frogskinz, OEM is the best for water intrusion but since the Versiplugs I've been running Tau Ceti with outer wear without issue.

Nice, sounds like the versi plugs are the place to start. I'll order a couple and see if it helps. It was sounding like those frogzskins were a pretty good idea as well. Do they not work all that well? It seems like if I put those on the top of the intake tubes, they would at least reduce the water getting into the engine bay. Are they too restrictive?

Versi plugs will give you no trouble,dont overtighten them as you will spread the o-ring. Frogskinz work just not the trouble when running the versi plugs. I don't reccomend leaving any ski in the water unattended.

Versi plugs should seal just fine when leaving your ski in the water for hours. The only thing you need to watch for with the versi plugs is anything that may get in the way of the check ball sealing (i.e.: zip ties or other debris). I've left my ski overnight at a friends dock with no issues.

Are yall running duel mini Versi-plugs? Why not run just the single big one?

The minis just screw in for a 2 minute install and you have one on each side so you are constantly draining regardless of the boats left to right attitude. Versi Plug Max is istalled much like a scupper involving cutting and glass work, install is a little longer than 2 minutes.

Top Bottom