Super Jet Water in engine, need suggestion quick! At lake now.

swapmeet

Brotastic
At lake now, friend riding ski, exhaust hose came loose,(melted, can't put back on today) filled hull, almost sank.

Yamaha 701. Protec head, ported, bpipe, etc. Freshwater.

Pulled plugs, water comes out of the front cylinder when cranking.
How do I stop rust from forming on Crank? Can't ride ski to bake water out.
Hope someone can help quick before any (more) damage is done.

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Pull both plugs
Turn ski upside down, crank motor, alternate putting finger over plug holes.
Once you have a fair amount of water out, flip it back over.
dry off plugs or spray with WD40, staring fluid etc to get water off.
Put one plug in, crank motor for a few seconds, pull plug dry off and do it again.
I get it to where it is about to run on one plug, then I clean and put both plugs in.
Keep going until it starts, runs, then go run it for 15+ minutes.

subhard

TITS OR GTFO
Put a bunch of premix in there after you get as much water as possible out and crank it over to try and help coat everything in oil

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
I would get it running bad exhaust or not. Run it on the trailer in the water (hood off) or on the hose at home.

Worst case, you can dump oil into the cylinder to coat the crank, but you may be looking at tearing it down after that. I ride salt, that is what i would do. Maybe a freshwater rider can chime in.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I didn't think about running it on the carrier/trailer.
Great idea!

We flipped it over, I couldn't believe how much water came out, amazing.
Did the thumb over the hole trick, I don't understand why more water comes out doing that but it definitely does.

I did the one plug at a time thing but it didn't seem to accompish much. It ran in fairly short order so we backed it in and ran it for quite some time. Not 15min, but 10 at a steady rpm, which this ski never sees, water temps got up to 130's.

Thanks again for everyones help, especially Atomic Punk!!!, I was stressing about screwing up my crank etc.

good work man, i have had the same thing happen... had to run it on the trailer... I would feed it some fogging oil and keep starting it up just for a minute or so each day until I got the hose fixed to keep a fresh coat of oil on everything......

swapmeet

Brotastic
Haven't had a chance to fix exhaust yet... this ski is very difficult to run at high RPM because its so unstable. Running it on the carrier is the best bet.
Still haven't found fogging oil either.

I was at Grapevine Jetpilot.

Top Bottom