Water lines were ran incorrectly

I have a 750sxi with a factory pipe, I routed the water lines like an idiot and when I was on the water it would bog out and die. Now I can't start the jetski at all, it does not look like water got into the engine. But what problems do I need to check for to get this ski on the water again?

I would try taking plugs out, bump it over a few times. Install fresh plugs and try it then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

616f3155e003127ccc4ae08d11db8e21.jpg
7720e2f2c68e9dd08e343532c7f3b42f.jpg

Finally got around to looking at a few things, I took off the head and the front cylinder has that scaring on it, how bad is that?

Also I did do a compression test last year and the number were off by 4-5 psi between each cylinder but by no means low. I'll check again though when I get a compression tester.

I'm hoping for a cheap fix otherwise she's going to be garaged another summer sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's turning over but won't start, the only time it will start is if I spray starter fluid in the carbs which is why I rebuilt my carbs but that didn't seem to help the issue.

I don't know the answer to that but I will find out. Let's say they are dry what would be the next step likewise if they are soaked?

Going off your piston burn i am thinking you are way too rich, so plugs would be soaked. Could be pretty much flooding out the motor. I don't think your water line routing caused any of your issue. Was it running fine before you changed your routing?

This was a motor that was bought from the forums as "running" 2 years ago with the hopes of just plug and play. It ran for a little bit like I mentioned, but would bog and die immediately on the water. So I took it right off the water to figure out the problem and never got anywhere.

I would bring your carb screws in a bit and see if it improves. Once you have that dialed in you can chase other issues. rig up something to attached your waterhose to the ski so you can work on it in the yard, a lot easier than on the lake.

At idle it ran on the trailer, then the first time I put it out 2 years ago it would idle in the water but put any throttle on it and would bog and die. Now it won't start at all from that point.

You check small things first? Fuel delivery, spark plugs firing etc.? Assuming so, just have to eliminate small problems first

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
When you are trying to start it, look down the carburetors. If you can see fuel dribbling out of the carbs it is likely you have a stuck needle and seat. This would make the motor flood out and be very hard to start.

I'm thinking it's a carb issue , pull the carbs go over them again make sure you can spray something through every passage I had this with my snowmobile , thought I had it all cleared then tried spraying brake clean or something liquid through it and it wouldn't go , also try making small adjustments on your high and low mixture screws , once you get it so it idles good try adjust your high till you can give it has without it boggung down

Top Bottom