SXR Water lines

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Hey guys,

I'm wondering about this idea I want to try. This probably have been done before anyway. In the picture below, The line A is the water-out line coming out the headpipe and line B is the water-in line for the manifold. I want to take out the B line so I can put the automatic pump there. I can change the line A to a water-in line if I switch the hose from the fitting A for fitting B in the nozzle pump. I can install another pisser next to the other pisser on the side of the hull and run the water out from the headpipe instead of Line A. I can get the line B plug-in to keep the water from leaking inside. Will that works?

Thanks,
Tyler

ff5lyp.jpg

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Because B is below the water line, running a bilge pump out that line would allow water to come in to the bilge while the ski is sitting.

Last edited:
Tap the pump and run water in on both and run 1 to the pipe and 1 to the motor. Then exit the motor out of the head and out the pisser (or 2 pissers). and exit the pipe out a pisser.
This way when riding you will know whats going on in the motor if somthing goes wrong. If you exit out the back its never good.

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Aww crap.... I should be more careful with my explanation. I want to cut out the B line so I can put the automatic bilge pump right there. I can't put the pump there because the B line is in the way. I was wondering if I can just run the hose to A line instead of B line if I switch the fittings in the nozzle pump.

I want to run the hose (the one originally for A line) out on another pisser instead of running it to the rear. I'm not running dual cooling.

Last edited:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Just so you know, a standard 500 gph bilge pump will fit under there just fine.

Attachments

• CIMG5651.jpg
    CIMG5651.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG5652.jpg
    CIMG5652.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
What about airbinding? I don't like having a bilge pump running all the time or using manual switch whenever I think there is water in the bilge. I nearly sank my SXR last summer before I installed a automatic pump in and it saved my ski many times. I'm deaf and I can't tell if the 500 bilge pumps are functionally or not and I tend to forget about turning them off. I actually forgot to turn off the automatic pump a few times but it never drained out the battery.

P.S. Is it just me or is your motor closer to your bulkhead than mine? My SXR's drive shaft is a lot longer than your.

Last edited:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I turn it on and forget sometimes too. Such is life. Korn runs an auto bilge and he's quite happy with it so you should be fine whatever your choice is.

My engine is closer because the photo I posted is from my 1100 build.

Attachments

• 1100.jpg
    1100.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Oh gotcha. Yeah, I like how the automatic pump works and cutting the B line is just a opinion for now. I'm still brainstorming for a better solution. The automatic pump was mounted where the tool bottle used to be last summer but I want to mount it at the lowest point which is the area under the drive shaft. I think I can make the pump shorter enough to fit under the B line.

I'm still running the siphon pump because it does a good job sucking out every last drops of water the automatic pump couldn't get.

Last edited:

MEZZ

"Life is good Green"
all you have to do is cut B 2" off and push the pipe to the side of the hull alittle bit. i have a rule 1100 installed on both sides of my sxr drive shaft.

Top Bottom