Water question?

I have a 701 bored to a 760 ported with dual cooling lines with a regular blaster pump. I was riding out in the lake and everything was fine then all of a sudden the water stopped coming out of the pissers. I brought it back to the dock right away. I took the two lines off of the head and blew through them. I took the ones off the pipe and off the pump and they all blew just fine as well. I get water spitting out of the lines but no where near what should be coming out. What else could be causing this problem? When you go to ride the ski it seems to go fine but I do not ride it more then like 30 seconds because the motor gets real hot real quick. thanks for the help

yeah this is on my new light weight ski. The motor was just built so i did not think it could be the head gasket. What oring might it be?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
yeah this is on my new light weight ski. The motor was just built so i did not think it could be the head gasket. What oring might it be?
Do a pressure test, but if the combustin oring leaks it can pressurize the water jacket and cause the spitting.

STEELDOGG

Hi Ho Silver!
Sounds like an oring under one of your domes has blown. Do you have an aftermarket head? I am not familiar with stock head gaskets, but I suppose they could fail in that area too.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Its not your head gasket. Follow your water lines. Do you have 2 barb fittings going thru hull on the pump cavity, and 2 more on the engine firewall? I bet anything that one of your cooling lines popped off behind the firewall, in the "underseat" area. Does the ski feel like it gained weight? Did mark cut an access door into the under seat area? Let me see if I have any pics of it on mine. When we assembled mine, I ziptied the water lines at the inside of the pump area and installed regular hose clamps on the inner firewall ones, to make sure they would not popoff.

Last edited:
I do have an ada head on it. I checked all the lines and everything is hooked on it. Mark did put a thing under the seat but it is glued and screwed down. The ski did not really feel like it gained any weight. I also did not see the ski getting any water in it when I had it up against the dock and I was running it. Also the ski does not really sound right now. It almost sounds like something popped off the exhaust but everything is still hooked up? I have not taken the head off yet so I guess that will be my next step tomorrow. hey crab how do I do a pressure test. I just started really working on my own stuff so I am a little new.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
You basically seal off the exhaust at the top of the manifold, and the intake at the base of the carbs. I use rubber freeze plugs for cars, the pump up the cases to 8 psi. It should hold for around 10 minutes, bad leaks will cause it to go down fast. Blow up at the pulse fitting.

It was the oring under the front dome. I ordered all new orings with spares. The only thing that I was wondering is why would the oring just go like that?

check your threads in the cylinder. on my ski one of the center bolts came out after some weak threads disintegrated. it was enough to weaken the seal and it blew out the o-ring that sealed the cylinder and the long one around the shell.

Brian you said that your ski runs tits now that you fixed the o ring. i wonder if that whats wrong with my blaster. when you start the ski it makes that puff noise out off my spiters. i checked the lines and they are clear but my pissers are under my rail so i can tell if they are flowing steady. plus we both think my ski should have way more power than iam getting out of it and you said that yours runs much better than it ever has. iam going to check if the water is coming out of the pissers this week at the lake because it sound like the same problem

750SX

DO IT
Use a thin film of 1211 and it helps ensure a good seal to the cylinder.

That is like using 3 gaskets. Use a L I T T L E grease on the o-ring when you put it in to keep it in place. Maybe it slid out of the groove when it was installed.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
That is like using 3 gaskets. Use a L I T T L E grease on the o-ring when you put it in to keep it in place. Maybe it slid out of the groove when it was installed.
This advise came straight from Wammer at Daytona, it works for people that have had trouble with the grease.

STEELDOGG

Hi Ho Silver!
I use a thin layer of grease and torque acorn nuts and head bolts to 22ft/lb on our ADA heads. I won't say I have never blown an o-ring, but it is very rare considering we are running 3 of these heads. The 1211 coating sounds like a good idea- if only I had the patience to clean it out of the dome grooves between o-ring changes.
O-well glad you found out what was up with your ski.:bananalama:

Top Bottom