waterbox treasures?????? wtf

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
long story short i spent 2 days searching for what i thought was a hissing air leak that happened after stopping the engine. narrowed it down to an exhaust restriction. deemed the box defective and cut it open to see.

the hissing was the pressure bleeding out once the motor stopped

this is what i found inside. :confused:

:bigok:

Attachments

• waterbox treasures 001.jpg
    waterbox treasures 001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 149
  • waterbox treasures 002.jpg
    waterbox treasures 002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 226
  • waterbox treasures 003.jpg
    waterbox treasures 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 150
  • waterbox treasures 004.jpg
    waterbox treasures 004.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 187

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
holes are to small for most animals to get past the first/last chamber only like 1" diameter x 2.

it seems to be poly style packing like for wraping glassware. go figure.

yeah, the ski wouldn't even run with the box attached

i had a mouse family move in over the winter couple years back, unfortunatly they had to find out the hard way.....took me for ever to figure out what was wrong..

Since were telling stories......My fiance's sister kept telling me her dash would vibrate when she turned the blower on. Then one day she told me that it didn't work anymore so I told her to get a new blower motor and I would put it in. When she brought me the blower I pulled it apart and found a mummified rat in the squirrel cage. I wonder if he started running when it came on? Lol....

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It looks like Sill gasket material used under the bottom plate when setting walls on top of concrete. It could have been used to plug the hole during disassembly, got pushed in far enough to not see during reassembly and then blown in on the first start.

My mother took her Dodge Dakota in to get looked at for poor performance and they found the entire air cleaner packed full of dog food. Seems a little chipmunk had been real busy getting ready for the winter. lol

Top Bottom