Waterbox

I have a 91 superjet 650. It has a Coffman pipe, milled head, ported cylinders, 44mm carb. The only thing stock is the waterbox. Any recommendations for a nice waterbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Not going to make any difference in performance, but just about any other waterbox including the 1996+ stock (metal) water boxes will be an improvement.

i got a tdr waterbox on my 701 superjet. it has the b pipe, milled head and it also has a dual exhaust on it. its LOUD. i had to put a plug in the dual exhaust cuz people were calling the cops. Its still loud but its bearable loud but man was it loud with a dual exhaust. with the dual open it was like giving me a headache. sounded like a chainsaw. with it plugged up it sounds more throaty. I also have a SXR with a TDR on it and it also is loud but its not nearly as loud. the TDR waterbox for the sxr is way bigger while the superjet one is very small. they both only have one chamber in them if i remember correctly and look the same with size being the only diffrence. even tho im comparing apples to oranges i would say the tdr waterbox on a superet with no dual exhaust is equivalent to a 5.3L silverado with a flowmaster super 30 piped all the way out the back (super 20's dont exist) while a dual exhaust with the tdr and a B pipe sounds like a super 10 flowmaster dumped before the rear axle which gives me a head ache. for extra thought i am 25 and usually like loud things but the dual exhaust w/ tdr and b pipe gave me a headache when riding and other people on the beach hense they called the cops for noise violations. with the dual exhaust plugged on my 701 its a little off the threshhold for giving me a headache.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Get noticed by how you ride, not how obnoxious you are. My b1 came with a tdr box and it is throaty but much much louder than my stock superjet box. I hate excessively noisy things and i woukdnt spend money on anything that makes more noise but not noticably more power. I think stock is fjne and would only replace if its like the b1 style that is fiberglass.

I feel like with the Coffman pipe it's already going to be pretty loud. I just figured an aftermarket waterbox would help with power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom