waterdawg 1200cc water test

RiverRat

Took some video of the 1200 waterdawg motor today. I personally am very frustrated b/c I can feel the power in that motor but we just can't get it to hook up. We are testing with my SJ pump, TBM cone and C-75 impeller (13/17). Low end power you really can't even feel b/c the ski just cavitates so bad. Off idle it just horrible b/c of that. You can kind of feel a power band want to come on from time to time but then then it will slip. You can see where it is cavitating when I was riding it. I stayed low in the RPM's the would goose the throttle............you can almost hear the water in the pump chuggin. That and it felt like the carbs were loading up pretty bad on the low end. Once you got the RPM's up it would clear out and start to yank

We have not done any tuning on this motor yet. carbs are off as you can kind of hear and I think too much water is going into the pipe. It just does not want to crack like it should. I am pumped to do some tuning on this thing :biggthumpup:

I think you guys will like the music :haha:

YouTube - water test waterdawg 1200cc
I am new to editing video so my transitions are kind of sketchy.

Last edited:

RiverRat

is that your 1200? I thought you were building a 927.

It is my buddies motor. It was a easy bolt b/c my hull was all ready for a 66e motor. Plus we are renovating his hull at the moment.

There is allot of power in that motor and as you can see we just could not get it to grab. Once we do some tuning and get the right pump under that platform it should be a handful.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Now that I watch the video over again I think the carbs were leaning out towards the end. It was a little low of fuel and I think it was starting to bog. The 1200 drinks fuel. We went through 2.5 gallons in about 15 minutes

theskiclinic

aka The " SAVAGE "
just wait til you get the mag in that !!, I am running the 144 set back mag with 14/21 in mine , also tried 16/23 in the 144 -- and also ran the 148 mag -- the 144 mag is the hot ticket --

good job guys.

We had a blast on the river today. Hunter great title song, SQUID! I think the motor is incredible and Jeff never told me that a 144 pump would work. I was impressed with the pump but it just could not keep up with the power of 1200. From time to time I read some negative things about WD. I have found Jeff to be great to work with and think anyone who would purchase any other high end motor is nuts. The 1200 is incredible and I can not wait to get it tuned and setup correctly.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
It looks freaking cold in that video. Give yourself a couple of days between tuning sessions to let your balls drop. :skull2::eek5: Seriously, I am glad to see it on the water. Let me know if you need any help with the tuning.

Jeff

RiverRat

agree, needs way more prop.

I remember my lamey running really well with this prop set up and we kind of knew that the 1200 would be under propped, but we did not know the extent. The fact that it spun the impeller as bad as it did is promising. Thing definatly makes the power. :fing02:

Tim

X-
Is that the motor Squid sold on EBAY?????????????????

Tim

Top Bottom