Waterdawg Rant

chart102

I wish I thought of that
OK, WTF. i ordered my waterdawg chinpad on April 15. i dont mind waiting for a part that is made to order, but i just want to know whats going on. its just a little fiberglass and some turf. at least i think thats all. but i realize that jeff has been swamped with hulls to make and that is a little more important than a $140 chinpad. but still, u would think SOMEONE could answer the phone or reply to a v-mail. if anyone could give me a tip on how to get in touch with him, that would be great. (yeah right)

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
don't order anything from him unless you confirm that is on the shelf. after that you should call back the next day and confirm that is on the shelf then about 4 hours later call and confirm that it is on the shelf. after you have called the 3rd time ask him if he is lying and make sure it is on the shelf and 100% a finished product. then and only then should you proceed to place the order. this only applies to people that want the part, or want the part in a reasonable amount of time. anything else is going to be risky.

bit

Rider Mod Needed
I don't know anything about Waterdawg and I have never bought anything from him. Every time I read something like this about Waterdawg I wonder how he is still in business or why anyone still buys anything from him. I don't get it.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
i

I don't know anything about Waterdawg and I have never bought anything from him. Every time I read something like this about Waterdawg I wonder how he is still in business or why anyone still buys anything from him. I don't get it.

I wonder the same thing.

This reply will self destruct in 30 seconds or be deleted by the almighty.

Mark44

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Jetskis are not his only business, just a side, supposedly. I take everything with a grain of salt.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
I dunno why you would even bother to buy something from the guy unless you lived down the street from him and could just go buy your stuff. There is enough ranting about him on here to make me not want to buy anything from him, ever. If you've seen these threads and still bought stuff, thats your own fault.

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
or he has no idea how business works. either he is making enough money at it that he can hire some good help and a secratary or he's not. If he's not he should ditch the website and just do it for fun/locals. if he is making the money then why the junk is he trying so hard to screw it up? Its really not that hard of a concept. Is it?

crammit442

makin' legs
Before this weekend I thought Jeff was a composite genius who just had bad business practises. After seeing a few examples of his work at Allatoona I'm not so sure. The quality of the stuff I saw ranged from average to poor. Seems like a nice guy, but no money from me. There was another builder there this weekend and his stuff was as bad or worse. Hard to get high quality stuff I guess.

Charles

W

wydopen

Before this weekend I thought Jeff was a composite genius who just had bad business practises. After seeing a few examples of his work at Allatoona I'm not so sure. The quality of the stuff I saw ranged from average to poor. Seems like a nice guy, but no money from me. There was another builder there this weekend and his stuff was as bad or worse. Hard to get high quality stuff I guess.

Charles

ill let you know when my hood gets here...(i got it from a thrid party brand new so i know its coming)i wasnt impressed w/ the rideplate quality...

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Charles

You do composites for a living, so you're somewhat familiar with it I suppose.

I know you've tried a few companies. Who would you pick for best quality?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.

Charles

Not all of us can afford $10-12,000 worth of quality. I am a budget rider and I have an aftermarket hull thanks to WDK working with me. So far the quality is decent. No one else would work with me the way Jeff did on pricing and options to keep costs low. My hull, Hood, pole probably cost 25% of what yours did bro. If you want CF you pay for CF

crammit442

makin' legs
Not all of us can afford $10-12,000 worth of quality. I am a budget rider and I have an aftermarket hull thanks to WDK working with me. So far the quality is decent. No one else would work with me the way Jeff did on pricing and options to keep costs low. My hull, Hood, pole probably cost 25% of what yours did bro. If you want CF you pay for CF

I'm not knocking you and Toby's stuff.:smile: I thought the hood he showed me looked about like it should. I'm excited for ya'll and think overall you did good. Hunter's hull was ok, but was lacking on attention to detail. The black bulkhead had white 5200 smeared all over the seams and I would have expected better especially considering all the support Hunter has given Jeff. The way you and Toby went about your order sounds like the way to go and if I was gonna get something from Jeff I'd do it the same way. So far, I like the quality of mine(XFT) but Sergio has been slow lately about getting stuff to customers also. My order was slightly messed up and delayed and so was Lou's. He does have all epoxy, infused glass hulls that are much cheaper(close to half price) than the CF version. If I got anything different next time, I would go with Norbert's hull. I guess in my opinion, the only thing Jeff has to make him a semi-viable option is price. I'm just amazed that he keeps getting chances and messes it up over and over. The stuff he was supposed to send for the raffle didn't even show up.

Charles

Y

yamaslut

norberts hull is a work of art....but I wonder how it'd handle being SOOOO light...

there comes a point when lightweight becomes TOO lightweight...espeically for a surf boat

it's 85lbs... not super light, but super super strong

Top Bottom