waterdawg revs

meatball

User Title Unavailable
Most people on this forum will tell you REV's and WCF's. Of course theres all kinda footholds. REV's are considered hardest to install, but if you can do any glass/foam work, I think its a piece of cake (not comparable of course!). Im installing some now, the hard part is they dont fit flush all the way around, so you have to foam and glass over those parts. Since they have the ankle cutout however, they are consider the biggest, and most comfortable. You do also have to notch the REV's (the right hold) for the exhaust, to install them in the recommended spot (4 1/2-5 inches from the very back of the ski to the start of the cutout in the back of the hold---not the flange)

If you dont do glass work or epoxy, I would go with WCF's for their simplicity. I couldnt resist the good reviews on the REV's though, so I had to go for em. I must say, anything smaller wouldnt fit me too well. Even without padding, wearing my New Balance sneakers, I still dont have much room (top to bottom, length is great!), aside, I wear 13 wides. My riding shoes are smaller, so Ill be fine.

Most people on this forum will tell you REV's and WCF's. Of course theres all kinda footholds. REV's are considered hardest to install, but if you can do any glass/foam work, I think its a piece of cake (not comparable of course!). Im installing some now, the hard part is they dont fit flush all the way around, so you have to foam and glass over those parts. Since they have the ankle cutout however, they are consider the biggest, and most comfortable. You do also have to notch the REV's (the right hold) for the exhaust, to install them in the recommended spot (4 1/2-5 inches from the very back of the ski to the start of the cutout in the back of the hold---not the flange)

If you dont do glass work or epoxy, I would go with WCF's for their simplicity. I couldnt resist the good reviews on the REV's though, so I had to go for em. I must say, anything smaller wouldnt fit me too well. Even without padding, wearing my New Balance sneakers, I still dont have much room (top to bottom, length is great!), aside, I wear 13 wides. My riding shoes are smaller, so Ill be fine.

considered by who? how many pairs of foot holds have you installed?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Looking at their shape and size, I do not doubt that the REV's are the biggest pain to install.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
I think the hardest part about the REVs or atleast the 2 sets i had is that there is no flex in the actual footholds. Your can bend them even a little to rivit them in to the hull. Kevin, did you get the blue set or the clearish/brown set of REVs?

Boris

The Good Old Days
First time I ever played with fiber glass was when I installed my REVs.
I'm not saying it was easy but for a first time it wasn't bad at all.

I think it was well worth it.:biggthumpup:

meatball

User Title Unavailable
considered by who? how many pairs of foot holds have you installed?

I've done one (half of one I guess)... havent finished yet, still defoaming, and installing a one-way etc. I read that as a general consensus opinion in the X number of threads that have been about footholds.

I got the primo blue set. Yes they dont flex, but thats where the foam and glass comes in :smile:

I've done plenty of glass work though to guesstimate that the pics of the WCF's lining right up and riveting and the REV's needing to be foamed then glassed mean that the REV's are harder to install then your average foothold in which the flange flex's to fit the side of the hull. I've been wrong before though, so if I'm wrong speaking with only second hand experience then Im sorry.

Last edited:

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
The print of the foothold is BIG.
Mine has the exhaust lowered so the foothold may be moved up in the trey a bit more.

Attachments

• Picture044.jpg
    Picture044.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture041.jpg
    Picture041.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 83

meatball

User Title Unavailable
I was gonna do the same exact thing with the exhaust tube. Did it translate to the flange not lining up good or what? Too bad I already cut the 'print' into the hull. Although I think 5 inches forward of the very back end of the ski is enough, and I can probably fudge them forward a bit.

Jawbreaker

Rick James Edition
I was gonna do the same exact thing with the exhaust tube. Did it translate to the flange not lining up good or what? Too bad I already cut the 'print' into the hull. Although I think 5 inches forward of the very back end of the ski is enough, and I can probably fudge them forward a bit.

The flange didn't line up perfect, but it's alluminum so it bends easy. A dead blow hammer worked well enough to help it line up.

The print of the foothold is BIG.
Mine has the exhaust lowered so the foothold may be moved up in the trey a bit more.

You do know that the exhaust rises from the rear of the ski to the firewall on purpose don't you? Depending on you angle it might not make too much of a difference but if not steep enough water can easily make it in and fill up the exhaust.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
I figured that was the reason as well, but It doesnt make a difference unless I'm not actually moving. I do not do many complete stop -> starts so it doesnt really matter for me, I'm only going to move it down about 3 inches or so (if that), just so it clears the holds.

Top Bottom