waveblaster 1 with a 951 seadoo "questions"

I have a chance to pick up a fairly cheap 951, its in a 98 seadoo XP "silver engine" I was just wondering whats involved in putting this engine in my WB1, like extra's I'll need to buy, I could only find this thread on it , and it does tell you much

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/50466

does anyone know what else I'd need to buy to do this, just trying to figure out money wise what it will cost me

thanks

You are going to need brackets for the front and rear, or for the rear and be willing to glass in a front block. You will need a coupler system as well. (No one really makes one, but there are a couple of people who mod other couplers to work) You are also going to need to mount a waterbox in the rear and be willing to do the plumbing. Finally, you are going to need some time to figure out the ignition wiring, what ignition you are going to use, etc. I don't really think it is that hard of a build, just got to be willing to experiment. We are building one now and hope to have it done before it gets too cold to test it.

Scottie

I'm doing this build over the winter myself. Hopefully by the middle of November I'll have some billet conversion plates and couplers done. I'll chronicle my build once I get a little further along. Right now I'm just rebuilding my engine, trying to decide whether to start with a mellow pump-gas stocker or go the pipe and high-rev route...

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Buy the coupler from a 2004 XPdi, and bolt it onto your PTO flywheel. Then you can use a kawi style UMI coupler on the midshaft.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I was talking to one of the guys at Riva, and he claims there is a complete set up that you can change a 701 base to a 951 top end, and the whole deal is under $1800 (I wanna say he said $1500-ish, but I don't really remember).
I don't remember if Riva is making the kit or if they are just selling them.

Might be a cheaper and easier way to do this, plus you get the reliability of the Yamaha electrics rather than the Sea Doo ones.

Anybody else heard of this?

Last edited:

godocgo

sport
it is ADA cylinder but the sleeves are not installed nor is it port matched it would take another chunk of $$$ to actually make it work. hence the reason it never sold very well

demolition_x

Not After Fame & Fortune
But when its done right it is a bad ass motor. NJFL has or had one that Art at Jetworks did for him and that thing is sick the strongest motor I have ever ridden. Looks like they are on sale for 1500, but you still need pistons, porting, and a stroker crank.

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
ride/

has anyone ridden a 951 blaster yet?

I'm picking that one up from Biloxi in 2 weeks.

I hope it rips......

It's a 94 w/951 conversion.

I was going to try an build a 951-x2.... but this one came up for sale complete, running, 8 hrs on rebuilt motor. I think the b1 hull will handle the extra power better than an old school x2.

Last edited:

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
Blast-Doo Update

I picked up a beat blaster-doo conversion ski last winter and have been rebuilding it since... here's a little update pics. Motor/pump are getting worked.

Thought you guys might appreciate a blast-doo in the works....

blast4.jpg

blast5.jpg

blasdoohoodstrutbeefy.jpg

It used to look like this.....
P6120036.jpg

blasterpoosickmotor.jpg

Last edited:

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
Well after 1.5 years of blood, sweat, tears.... it rips.
Who-ever said it was easy will have to help me on my next build..... this SOB was a major pain. Everything had to be rebuilt or replaced, but it now runs like I want.
There is no way this boat ran when I bought it... ever. (but that's another story for another day)

Ended up with the following setup:
Stock 951 (from ebay with XX? hours, 140psi/hole)
Stock Head
Single Coil p/u and 2 bump mag cup
Dual 46 mm Novi-Tech (140Hi / 142.5 Low / 2.3ns / chrome springs)
Novi intake/reeds
Coffmans GSXL Pipe
951 waterbox stuffed in the rear with stock blaster exhaust to pump.
Advent Ignition T4 with SXR coil/ebox
Stock 144 blaster pump, 14/19 slim-hub swirl, stock cone, bored nozzle 84mm

It stays hooked up very well due to the extra wgt, you really can't get it unhooked.
It's running a shredmaster int-grt/rp combo and it handles very well.

It sucks fuel like a pig. 20 gallons in 4 hours of buoy riding.

Very quiet... sounds like an xpl. (guess it should)

I'm running 7800rpm now..... should get some gps data tomorrow.

I don't have any seat time on any other blaster but this one, except a bad azz CF judge boat..... and this run pretty good for me.

WC Magic is buliding a bigbore 1050 setup for this boat, but right now the stock motor is plenty of fun.

P5280295.jpg

blastpump1419freestylecone84mmnozzle.jpg

Last edited:

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
Thx guys. Going out this weekend rec-style, no buoys, just cruising around with some good friends.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Bump! Can you post some pics of the engine in the hull and how its mounted. Also any tips or tricks on the swap would be much appreciated. =)

Top Bottom