Blaster Waveblaster foot straps/footholds

Can any you guys recommend what foot straps to purchase and where?also are straps only available or is there footholds similar to stand ups available????

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I bought a pair of Dakine from a local surf shop in FL. I installed them used as many have on this site. Try the search button for 'footstrap install'.

I took pics of my process but stop taking pics half way through.

I drilled holes in the spot I felt was most comfortable. Bought some aluminum and made backing plates. Went through the battery compartment and removed foam(PITA), and used some bolts and nuts to attach the straps to the hull.

I spent around $40 USD for the whole project. I got both straps for $20. The aluminum, I bought from a hardware store.

Came out great and is a pretty easy mod to do to a blaster. Good luck to ya!

CJ407

YamaBlaster
I would get the thinner Dakine straps, talk to CEMotorsports on here I think he has kits....You would have to make your own foot hold contraption

Last edited:
I bought the Dakine X lace from Blowsion and used the kit they sell to install them. The kit worked great, wasn't to hard to install. The straps are awesome I can sub the hell out of it now.

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
those xlace straps adjust real nice. i welded a stainless steel nut to a stainless steel washer and am epoxy resining them to my tray and mounting them that way. may even throw a lil layer of glass over washers. here thats the best way. no holes in the tray and what not

Sorry I was gone a few days. The kit comes with well to be honest its hard to describe. You get a piece of threaded metal simular in size to a nut. It has threads on the inside for the bolt that will end up holding your stap on. On the out side it has some threads to thread it into the haul. So you drill a hole in the haul, I forget what size exactly, fill the hole with the provided Plastic welder (same stuff used to hold down bilge brackets). Then just thread your thing in with an allen key let it set up and bolt the straps down. It worked very well for me easy install and so far so good. I have about 5 rides on mine no problems at all. I did talk to a guy that said he used the kit and they pulled out on him but mine seem solid as can be.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !

A set of hard removable footholds are in the works, I am modifying the Jap style X2 footholds to fit a blaster hull,They will attach to the hull with four bolts. I just got a hold of a blaster to play with at the first of this month so it will be a while before they are ready, also I won't sell anything without thoroughly testing it first, that means I have to get this blaster running, install the holds and ride it .

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
These are homemade and work great. I rode straps for two seasons and never really liked them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 08_22_2010 (4356).jpg
    08_22_2010 (4356).jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 708
  • 08_22_2010 (4353).jpg
    08_22_2010 (4353).jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 974
Last edited:
Top Bottom