WDK Experience... UPDATED: 6/16/2008

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
UPDATED: 6/16/2008

Here we are, June 16th, and what a surprise, I have nothing to show.

Waterdawg Kustomz: just give me my money that is rightfully mine back so this does not have to be dragged out and ripped away from you.

I placed my order over 6 months ago, you have $6000 of mine, and the only thing I have to show for it is a credit card statement :deal:

The time I have put in pursueing this pipe dream has been the biggest waste of time ever spent. Thanks for nothing.

UPDATED: 5/22/2008 Removed original post and posted new message below.

I just spoke with Jeff Curry for close to two hours on the phone working some issues out.

Unfortunatly in most cases it comes down to WDK's word against the suppliers words of various parts. I do not know either personally nor am I located near either, so I am stuck in the middle and will NOT take sides. Given the nature of all the custom work, not everything can be done in house and this is majority of the problem.

Jeff has no problem refunding me because of the aggervation I have went through. However, I still want the motor package, but not with the way things have been treated thus far. We have worked out quite an arrangement if I might say so myself. He and I both talked about WDK having business related issues that are ever evolving but it not my place to give much input on that - it is there business, they can run it as they wish.

The details are of mine and Jeff's business. Hopefully everyone can respect this. Worse case scenario, I will see my goods no later then June 16th. I am holding Jeff to this. Any later then this, then I will pursue the path I have been going down with the credit card dispute.

June 16th at the latest, I hope to post my build thread that will blow everyone away.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

wetjet701

Always On
Wow that is more like a horror story than a bad deal. Well if your still looking for a motor try Chuck at X-Scream they get thier work out pretty quick.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
DAYUM. Sorry to hear about that. I would hope for 12K you could get dam near any package u wanted.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Sorry for your troubles..... I hope this resolved quickly for your sake. If a company would treat a 12K customer like this. Makes you question how they would treat regular joes, or a least it should anyway.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Sorry for your troubles..... I hope this resolved quickly for your sake. If a company would treat a 12K customer like this. Makes you question how they would treat regular joes, or a least it should anyway.

probably better. sounds like a cash flow problem.

That suck dude. I went through something like that with a guy who use to be in nj ( no names,not as much cash ) but the same problem, i would catch him in lies it was always a few more days. i had to go to his shop and make finish my ski before he left his shop. It sucks that you go to someone who is known as the best in the biz and they just jerk you around. I now found a new guy for all my stuff and have had good experinces with him, he builds a hell of a motor at a fair price. This sport would grow much faster and biger if more pro shops stood by their word and their product. try fullthrottle powersports 732 505 8115, they are a good companie that stands by their product. good luck bro.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
not that i'll ever buy a 1200cc engine, but if i was ever in the market for something of that price and saw a review like that i'd be extemely leary and would most likely go elsewhere with my biz. raw deal.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I went with WDK because of the 1200CC motor. Just straight up raw power. You just cannot deny the quality of there work. You really can't! It is phenominal when they actually do produce.

Unfortunatly, there are other under lying issues that need to be addressed.

All the "Pro's" are being taken care of. However, WDK needs to realize there are more "Joe's" then there are "Pro's" and that in the end is where majority of the money will come from.

I have purchased a stock (slightly modified) SJ drivetrain to get me by. Until the dispute is over and the money is back in my checking account, I cannot afford to contact another engine builder about a build. Perhaps in the next chapter.

Last edited:
Its funny how this thread is allowed to continue in the general section so people can comment when it should clearly be in the feedback section. By the way I am in no way defending WDK just think the board needs to stick to their own rules.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Its funny how this thread is allowed to continue in the general section so people can comment when it should clearly be in the feedback section. By the way I am in no way defending WDK just think the board needs to stick to their own rules.

Its 11pm at night, what do you think they will do when they actually SEE the thread.

Big Kahuna

Administrator

Hey Boss, this thread started at 9:21, it is now 10:15. We do not sit at the computer every single second. Darin has 3 kids, I have a 15 month old........ There is more important things than sitting here all night. oh, by the way, had you bothered to pay attention after you clicked "Submit Reply" you would have seen that it had been moved to the Negative Feedback Section from the time you started reading until the time you got through typing.

Waternut

Customizing addict
There used to be a site that handled problems with web based companies and/or internet purchases but I just can't remember who it is. I used them back in '04 and they were really good. They send out local law enforcement to my house first and then the other guys house to get the full story. BTW this was over a $45 part...

If I think of the name I'll post it. Maybe someone else remember it though.

Hey Boss, this thread started at 9:21, it is now 10:15. We do not sit at the computer every single second. Darin has 3 kids, I have a 15 month old........ There is more important things than sitting here all night. oh, by the way, had you bothered to pay attention after you clicked "Submit Reply" you would have seen that it had been moved to the Negative Feedback Section from the time you started reading until the time you got through typing.

Just saw moderators commenting in the 247/760 thread right after this was posted but whatever problem solved. Good job. Back on topic.

WOWWWWWWWW i cant belive that. I've run into some real ********ty companies lately. I dont knwo what the hell is going on but popel need to get their act straight. Really sorry to hear about all the BS.

BTW, someone mentioned Full Throttle Powersports / 24/7. Id hate to see you get burned twice. do yourself a favor and stay away from them too.

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
I am a close friend of Roo, he has been bragging about this motor package for a while. In turn my brother and I were telling him not to do it and he isn't getting anything, well as time would tell WDK FAILS. What a joke this company is, I hope they either sell the molds to all of thier stuff to actually decent people with morals or just go out of business. How lame these clowns are. Words can't say enough about what a poorly operated business this is. :tool:WDK

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I really feel for you Roo. If you need another shooter positioned on the grassy knoll, I'm your man.

I realize this is too late for this case, but if anyone ever decides to deal with a potentially sketchy comany like this, use a credit card. In the past I've had situations where I've just given up on someone I'm doing buisness with (like here). Getting money back that was sent straight from a bank account is a huge drawn out ordeal that you may not even win. With a credit card I've had the money credited back to my account at the end of a 15 min phone call. They front you the money back instantly and then fight the case for you in order to repay themselves. I can't vouch for all credit cards, but I've done this with my Citi Card a number of times and it has really saved my ass with minimal effort on my end.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
There is a reason I kept my build to myself - I don't want to go bragging about my project until all the items are actually in my possession (except to my friends locally of course). Now I have to listen to Dirtybird and his brother say "told ya so" all summer long... nice. What a treat. There bad enough as it is... I'm always dodging to comments :1244: haha

I won't call anyone out here, but there are a couple build threads in the Ski Buildups area bragging about there builds with WDK components, multiple pages long, and the funny part is they don't have there main components yet and still waiting...

Today's advice: Don't count your chicken's until they have hatched.

Top Bottom