WDK Experience... UPDATED: 6/16/2008

D-Roc

I forgot!
that sucks, i was really rooting for waterdawg too. hoping they were making steps forward with customer service. oh well shiat happens and its impossible to make everyone happy when it comes to business. hopefully he can try and turn it around for ya or you get you $$$$ back. damn, 1200cc? that woulda been cool.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
call visa and tell them your story , i have been a visa merhcant for 25 years visa does not like it when someone takes a visa card and does not offer a service or product they will give your money back and charge them, that is a lot of money they take things very serious, they also keep a record of merhcant problems if he has had any other visa problems with other people, they respond very fast.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
This is a major shame to hear this
I had thought things were better with that shop

I had the same issue with a shop in the usa as well
they had promised me a set of sleeves for 6mths and were telling me the other people didnt have them
In the end i went to the company they bought them off and got them within a week

Last edited:

kid4now

X-H
Im really sorry to here the lies you had to go through. BUT when will people learn. How many threads have there been like this????

Like someone said earlier check out chuckie and X-scream.

I'm not sure which I am more taken aback by; the $12k price tag or the lack of initiative to capitalize on the opportunity to make that sale. Having seen the workmanship, as a manufacturer in the custom CNC market place, I am impressed. It is puzzling though, the disregard for deposited and potential sales.

Mike.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I really feel for you Roo. If you need another shooter positioned on the grassy knoll, I'm your man.

I realize this is too late for this case, but if anyone ever decides to deal with a potentially sketchy comany like this, use a credit card. In the past I've had situations where I've just given up on someone I'm doing buisness with (like here). Getting money back that was sent straight from a bank account is a huge drawn out ordeal that you may not even win. With a credit card I've had the money credited back to my account at the end of a 15 min phone call. They front you the money back instantly and then fight the case for you in order to repay themselves. I can't vouch for all credit cards, but I've done this with my Citi Card a number of times and it has really saved my ass with minimal effort on my end.

Dustin, you must have missed the multiple statements I made about using a Credit Card and starting a dispute. Maybe I am reading your comment wrong incorrectly though...

call visa and tell them your story , i have been a visa merhcant for 25 years visa does not like it when someone takes a visa card and does not offer a service or product they will give your money back and charge them, that is a lot of money they take things very serious, they also keep a record of merhcant problems if he has had any other visa problems with other people, they respond very fast.

Actually $4000 was on Visa and $2000 was on American Express. Visa has been awesome, already issued the credit, but it is considered "pending" until both sides give there case (which obviously, I already have). I'm bumming now that I completely paid off the $6000. It's a possibility I'll go all summer without it but I sure hope not!

American Express on the other hand - what a joke. I will be canceling this card when this is over. 6 to 8 weeks before someone even looks into it and a credit is issued... they have not even asked me to provide my case/documents backing up my part.... unreal. One of the reps actually told me "sir, send the product back and I'm sure this dispute will end quickly"... I'm thinking to myself dude, what are you smoking? Maybe your not understanding that I was NEVER sent anything...

I do not wish for anything bad to become of WDK. There products are amazing, they really are. Work's of art I might add. Hopefully this will be a learning experience and we will see others post about there 1200CC builds... that motor is just PIMP! No one can deny it. Unfortunatly, the bad flavor of how my situation was handled is still in my mouth, and I will never be one of them...

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Updated the first post...

Here I am on another promised delivery date with nothing... I am done with this saga and is now totally in the hands of the credit card company.

No more getting dicked around and empty promises.

Now it is a matter of playing the wait game for the money that is rightfully mine in the first place... :argue:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that.
I am not surprised the date came and went without anything happening.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
This just gets better and better... day after the promised delivery date Jeff responds and is telling me he had sold my motor package to someone else because his account was "charge backed" on 6/4/2008. I had tried to contact him dozens of times from the 5/23/2008 until now. Why was I not contacted back on 6/4/2008 about this?

I put a 'hold' on the dispute... sure glad I did not completely drop it.

What a joke.

Now I'm sure he will keep blowing off the credit card companies as long as possible so I have to wait as long as possible to get my money back into my checking account.

Thanks for nothing.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I had to do a chargeback once for $2300. Discover credited my account immediately, then the business had 30 days to respond to the dispute before Discover pulled the money from their merchant account.

I'm not sure if that's how it always works, but that's how it went 3 years ago with our air conditioning deal that the guy screwed up.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
Andrew,
The money was deducted from my checking account on 6/4/2008. Somebody has your money, but it is not Waterdawg Kustomz. I would suggest you contact your card company and take it up with them.

Jeff

Last edited:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
A provisional credit has been issued - this does me no good.

PLEASE have your bank release the money back to both my cards. AMEX and VISA have both tried to make contacts and your bank is not responding.

Top Bottom