FX-1 WDK F1 Pro Build

Just started it up a bit ago! Assembly was a real PITA. I did notice an issue with the carbs though. I'm getting some fuel being blown up and out of the carbs during cranking and while sitting there idling. Is this normal on BJ carbs? I'm taking them out on the water tomorrow to do some tuning.

Carbs:
44mm Blackjacks on fresh rebuilds.
115 mains
130 lows
115g springs (shiny silver, I think the pop was around 28psi but the seats were only lightly lubed with fogging oil)
2.0 needle/seat

This is on an 840cc 6mm 62T case, 61x cyl, ported with Vforce 2 reeds and R&D intake mani with spacer.

Figured out the problem. The reed cage flanges were warped slightly, there was a small gap between the manifold and the cage. A little bit of RTV and all was good. I took it out for a water test today and it friggen rips! I didn't ride it hard or anything as I had a makeshift shock pad and need to finish up a few things, but my initial review is that it's NUTS! Wants to slide really easy when you want it to, but dip a rail and pin it and it turns like crazy. I'll be getting more pics up soon...

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Glad you got your reed issue figured out and you're happy with the ski!

Post up some completed pics yo! Thing looks great painted, I'd like to see the pole and turf all mounted...

Last edited:
Putting the pump together: Solas 144 mag, Hooker 10/16, Sato Engineering trim, WSM wear ring, Jetmaniac driveshaft, Epic scupper, government job exhaust outlet/rideplate mounts, R&D grate

Pump_zps47255df5.jpg

Homemade carbon footholds: 4 layers of 20oz with room for 1" padding. They seem pretty damn sturdy, I'll add a few more layers of carbon on top if they flex too much. They bolt to the 80/20 with custom stainless steel drop-in t-slot nuts.

Footholds1_zps0e3fbfd1.jpg

Footholds2_zpsa82272db.jpg

Footholds3_zps3a9ac484.jpg

Turfed!
Footholds4_zps25b2a4c6.jpg

Engine all put together! XScream built and ported 840cc with 62T cases, 61X cylinders, 6mm stroker, ADA head with 180 psi comp. 62T electronics with an ATP Epic, JSS coil, and OCD Solutions bildge pump/switch/harness. Exhaust consists of a new Mod B-pipe I ported/polished to 52mm, Rad Dudes elbow, modded Factory Pipe waterbox, Jetworks FCV, and silicone exhaust tube. A 9 liter Comet kart tank feeds the 44mm Blackjack carbs sitting on a ported R&D manifold with V-force 2 reeds and Prok flame arrestors. Rhaas motor mounts, Cold Fusion coupler, and a Deka ETX6 battery... think thats about it. It fricken RIPS! At least to me, I'm afraid to ride anything bigger because I don't want it to feel underpowered yet.

Engine1_zpsf5dd9f56.jpg

Engine2_zpsd97c4adc.jpg

All finished up and ready to rock! I had the nautical stars made up a while back... I dunno if I'll keep them or not. Kinda dicked up the placement. I also screwed up the sponson install by taking the screws out. With all the epoxy I put on there I figured it would be all I needed, but they didn't really fit this hull that great and took quite a bit of force to pull tight. I had hairline cracks in the bottom after the first ride, so I sealed up the cracks and put three screws in each one. Haven't had a problem since, but it really sucks after spending all that time blending them in.

Ski3_zpscb8d37f0.jpg

Ski2_zpsa8fbd05a.jpg

Ski1_zpsbe348d05.jpg

Wavedaze! First time at a freeride... first time in the ocean... pretty much the first time riding the ski. It was embarrassing to say the least. Unfortunately the GF didn't get any pics of the backflips and barrel rolls I did.

VA1_zps312f8a23.jpg

VA2_zpsc7d16d30.jpg

VA3_zps97543aa5.jpg

VA5_zps7c74b8d3.jpg

VA4_zpse3925778.jpg

Top Bottom