WDK getting out of the PWC business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
Chris Maros has a pick of a giant carbon helicopter lift hook painted military green on his site (or he did). I think you can speak of and show certain things.

Also, I got to a few different companies every day that have samples of their military work hanging in the lobby:icon16: Very cool stuff!!

Go Jeff and crew!!!

Very cool stuff. I visited Ducommon Aerostructures in CA and saw how they use this NASA glue to bond parts together. Also visited Arrowhead products where they made some of the ducting that goes into the NASA space shuttles. I have visited many other places and factories that make parts for the aerospace industry and its amazing everytime I see it.

hey Bobby, I think that was a joke about the F22 fuselages.

I realize I have zero sense of humor but how is it funny? I am sure the F-22 exists and I am sure it utilizes a ton of carbon. And they have the space and now how to perform the work.

Inside joke or something?

Very cool stuff. I visited Ducommon Aerostructures in CA and saw how they use this NASA glue to bond parts together. Also visited Arrowhead products where they made some of the ducting that goes into the NASA space shuttles. I have visited many other places and factories that make parts for the aerospace industry and its amazing everytime I see it.

American tank and fab here in Cleveland has some badazz stuff hanging in there lobby!!

http://www.amtank.com/

That place is amazing. Cool pepes more than willing to walk around showing you stuff.

I just saw a 3D printer print out a completely functioning moving prototype yesterday. I held it it my hand and the plastic was still warm!!!

Insane!!!

Mark44

Katie's Boss
That place is amazing. Cool pepes more than willing to walk around showing you stuff.

I just saw a 3D printer print out a completely functioning moving prototype yesterday. I held it it my hand and the plastic was still warm!!!

Insane!!!

Those rapid prototype machines are cool I have seen them in action.

Mark44

They had a moving working prototype of a front end loader. The detail in the cab was amazing. It actually injects a water soluble mold and then prints this "plastic" around it. Then when you soak it in water the mold dissolves and a super detailed cab is left. DOWN TO THE FRIGGIN LITTLE GAUGES AND STEERING WHEEL TEXTURE!!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I realize I have zero sense of humor but how is it funny? I am sure the F-22 exists and I am sure it utilizes a ton of carbon. And they have the space and now how to perform the work.

It's funny because any such gov't work (of any scale) will involve months of paperwork prior to any manufacture, plus months of samples & evaluations.

It isn't as easy as "We's making F22 parts now!"

Rickster

Matakana Menace
It's funny because any such gov't work (of any scale) will involve months of paperwork prior to any manufacture, plus months of samples & evaluations.

It isn't as easy as "We's making F22 parts now!"

According to Jeff Curry at the flatwater clinic, Waterdawg has bought out another Company that has these military contracts...

He also stated that he was going to concentrate on full boats and engines only, cause footholds and hoods don't pay the bills...

:dunno:

OK. Could all be done. I'm still not laughing. But as I said, I have no sense of humor so...........

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
According to Jeff Curry at the flatwater clinic, Waterdawg has bought out another Company that has these military contracts...

He also stated that he was going to concentrate on full boats and engines only, cause footholds and hoods don't pay the bills...

:dunno:

Ah....thanks, that makes a bit more sense.

Also, I am not surprised footholds & hoods don't pay the bills - he's selling them for half of what others charge.
As great as that is for the customers, it's apparently not so great for covering business costs.

Last edited:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
If that is true good for him.

But I dont think the military would be as forgiving on deadlines as the pwc community lol.

Well the company I work for makes some stuff for the military and we are past due on parts every month. Then again when you are the only company out there making these parts..., the military will get them when they get them...

crammit442

makin' legs

I think when you read carbon/carbon you know he's kidding. BIG process. Not many people do it. BIG BIG bucks. Do a search for what Formula 1/Moto GP brake discs cost.

romack991

homebrewed
I assume composite companies are required to be AS9100 certified. You don't get that cert overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom